Can two people stay friends but have attraction for eachother?

So me and this girl, I really like her and would love to date her, I get the feeling she also likes me, but she's in a relationship. I'm wondering if it's possible two people can be friends for now, and if or when the opportunity arises they can become more. Has this happened to anyone?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I have been/in this situation...5 years later... still waiting! haha but seriously though, he has become a really good friend of mine that I have an amazing connection with and hey, I like to take things slow anyway so maybe we be together in another 5 years from now :P

• I hope it works out for you :)

• Thanks! I think things will work in your favor... just keep being a great friend that's what lasts and can turn into a wonderful relationship :)

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah it's called chemistry and knowing itd probably wind up an awkward travesty if you pursed a relationship together lol.

• No, it never works. At least with me.

What Guys Said 1

• If the both of you are mature enough and you have your emotions and feelings under control, yes.