Why can't I just find a decent guy?

Well first off, I'm a 16 year old girl and I've never even been asked out by a guy before. All my friends are going around gaining experience, dating guys, having sex, all of that jazz and I'm here by myself wondering what is wrong with me. It's like, the guys at school don't even look at me for some reason. When people ask me if I have a boyfriend and I reply "no, I've never even been asked out," they're shocked. They're always like wow you're such a pretty, sweet, smart girl. My question is, if I'm such a "pretty, sweet, smart girl" then why don't any guys want to be with me? And it's not like the guys at my school are shy. They have no problem asking any of the other girls out. It's like every guy I fall for ends up just viewing me as a friend and it hurts. And when I try to get them to view me in a different light, they distance themselves from me. Guys who I thought liked me and would tell me I'm beautiful end up asking me for help on how to ask another girl out. I'm sorry this is long, I just need help because I just can't take it; I feel so worthless and ugly or something is that why no guys like me? I know I shouldn't let this dictate how happy I am, but it's truthfully been getting to me even more lately and I just don't know what to do to fix this issue.

Most Helpful Guy

• To me you sound like Gold. Most guys in highschool are stressed, careless and busy thinking about how to get quick sex. Since they appear to see you as a friend, it means you have something extra that will be very sought after when you become older, around 18. That is personality.

Don't feel stressed. We know what you're going through. If you can, try to sit back and relax until things calm down. You don't want a boyfriend when they're at the worst age anyway.

What Guys Said 5

• 2 reasons:
    -Most guys aren't serious at 16.
    -Older guys going for 16 yo girls never are serious.

• couldn't say better myself. and they are only interested in sex at that sex. A 16year old boy doesn't have a clue what he wants out of life, let alone relationships.

• Maybe they lied to you about your looks.

Or... maybe you just don't have the personality they're looking for.

• Well, I don't know how to say this without sounding conceited, but there are girls at my school who are less attractive than me who have had multiple boyfriends and are always making out with them in the halls. My personality? Well I have a reputation for being the "good girl," but that's only because I don't drink or do drugs and I get good grades and care about my education. Besides that, I'm a very friendly person.

• Well then there you go, you're not promiscuous enough for them.

• The old expression "guys are like wine, they get better with age" is pretty useful in a situation like this. I'm not saying all guys are immature at such a young age (because there are some rather awesome ones out there right now) but down the road things do get much better. So if you aren't satisfied now then just wait.

• My dear don't do something because your friends do. No. You're still young. Am a guy n have similar situation but still am at my comfort. My friends always intimidate me for not having a girlfriend but it doesn't matter that much. I have girl friends (friends who are girls) and we do talk just like friends infact it's the only thing to do. Just be friends with guyz, one will come for you at the right time. Remember the one who comes last is the best.

• you probably come off as mean looking or salty. can't really tell unless you have a pic of your face

What Girls Said 3

• Im in the same situation. .. thats why im plotting to steal this amazing guy from his girlfriend. I know it sounds harsh but if you knew the entire story you would understand.

• You can't find one cause they dont exist

😬😬😬😬😬😬

• You are only 16, my dear friend. Go out and live a little. Just because everyone else is doing it doesn't mean you have to do it too. There is nothing wrong with you. Guys at 16 only care about one thing and that one thing is just sex. They don't know what they want in life or what they want in a relationship. Perhaps they don't know the meaning or point of being in a relationship. Don't be a follow and do what everyone is doing. Be a leader, be your own kind of person. You are only 16, and you will meet plenty of guys in the future. I wouldn't stress nor worry so much about not being able to find a decent guy. Trust me, it isn't everything I though it was when I was younger but I realized it isn't. Go out and live your life, have fun, don't have sex, enjoy being a teenage for once cause life goes by pretty fast. Be friends with a guy first and get to know him, there's nothing wrong with that. But I can assure you that having a boyfriend isn't everything.