Just got rejected for the first time... Advice?

there's this guy in my class I like who is friends with one of my guy friends. My guy friend found out I like him. I asked him if he could ask the guy I like out for me and he did. The guy I like said he'd need to think about it. Just a few hours ago, I heard from my guy friend that he doesn't like me. I feel really upset now. Why does it hurt so much? How do I not feel upset?

Sorry if this is silly sounding. First time this has a happened.

Most Helpful Guy

• baically the best that you can do is t oforget it... rejections occur... you'll find another guy :-)

What Guys Said 5

• Sorry it happened. Think of it this way... be happy you're not a guy where this can happen constantly. Do you know how we feel now?

• Girls get rejected just like how guys do, men are not attracted to every woman in the world :/

• Get rejected enough times, and it will barely bother you. The first cut is the deepest, as the saying goes.

• ok, good to know. thanks

• Oops.. you've a long road of rejection"not actually lol".. it bothers yes but you'll get over it quickly

• Just find someone else. And you should have asked him out yourself.

• Welcome to reality. (highfive)

What Girls Said 5

• Don't worry, I know how you feel. I just like to think that rejection happens for a reason. It makes us stronger. There's another guy out there way better for you :)

• My father told me that there are plently of guys out there that will find me unnatractive or dislike me without a reason and I just have to deal with it and move on, we've all been there. it hurts a lot because it's your first time and it was probably unexpected as well, I think most of us have this vision where our crush automatically likes us even if we don't have 100% proof on that, it's part of being infatuated. Also a tip, I think that it's better to confess by yourself and not use a friend. How do you know that your crush will take your friend seriously? Or how do you know that your friend isn't lieing? Etc

• thanks so much. Thats true, lesson learned.

• Not everyone you like, is going to like you.

But it's part of life. Feel the pain, and then move on and keep your head up.

• You took a bIG risky move, but I don't really have an explanation for this, just try to work through it, but it's hard to put in exact words.

• The exact opposite happened to me. I didn't want anyone to know that i liked this guy then I didn't like him anymore because his ego was really high and he was rude. On my birthday a "friend" of mine told him that i liked him when i really had gotten over him. That was in December and ever since then he has been crushing on me. I am just too shy to say anything and explain it in front of him and his friends. Life happens but you just need to move on.