Internet dating?

So what do you think... is internet dating a positive thing or is it screwing us up? Should we still be meeting people the old fashioned way (the line up at Starbucks for example) in person or is sitting at a keyboard surfing profiles a good way to meet Mr/Miss right?

Well here is my take. Say you where in line at Starbucks and you saw a person you might be interested in. You can not only see what the person really looks like but how they act and carry themselves. Did he/she treat the staff politely? On the internet we hide behind keyboards. It is much more difficult to observe the real human at the keyboard. Plus people do things on the internet they would never do face to face (think dick pics).
Overall I think nothing beats going out into the real world and taking risks and meeting real people doing real things.

Most Helpful Girl

• It is just another venue to meet people. One isn't better over the other necessarily. I don't have time for bars and no desire for random hookups. Online, through a profile, I get a better sense of what the other person is looking for before I even contact them/respond to them. When we meet for the first time, we already have a basic understanding of each other and what we may be looking for. I can avoid the guys looking for a hookup because it is generally apparent within a few texts.

That said, I also will give my number to someone who I am attracted to in a bar, Starbucks, wherever and see where it goes.

I have never been catfished online, so I don't know why everyone else seems to have been. Maybe I have been lucky that way.

it is just another tool to use to meet people, not really better or worse than any other one.

What Girls Said 5

• I look at it as just another way to meet people. Say you're at a bar and someone comes up to you and y'all exchange numbers. You then talk with them over texts for a few days and then you decide to meet up for a date. With online dating, the bar is basically the website. You meet someone on a dating website, get to know each other for a few days and then meet up. The only difference is that you've already seen the person in person at the bar so you know what they look like. Some people are dishonest online. But other than that I don't really have a problem with online dating.

• They say you find your Mr/Miss right in another state... I say internet dating just isn't the same... you have a lot more benefits with being in person. It may make you feel really connected (no pun intended lol) dating online but it just gets frustrating and confusing.

• I don't think I'd ever do it. So many fake people I'm not taking a chance.

• Online dating is really a confusing thing for me. I mean it comes with mix emotions. I have tried it before. I wouldn't really consider it because you probably would want to see that person in front of you rather than in a picture. Also, the pictures don't really tell more about the person.

• Not much into the online dating due to trust and that possible catfish story. Prefer the old fashion way.

What Guys Said 1

• I tried it for abit dude and I don't know I would rather have body language to read when I meet a chick for the first time and not just a picture and a profile that you judge and read in your own voice.

It wasn't for me but it is for some.