Why am I looked down because I'm single in high school and have been single all my life?

I mean people always laugh and ask me "You're still single?" and it's like the hell? A lot of people who look down on single people are the people that are crying when a 1-5 month relationship ends or are cutting themselves when they get cheated on in a HIGH SCHOOL RELATIONSHIP.

I see myself as smart for staying single and getting all A's in my freshmen and now in my sophomore year, because when I go to college and beast there to and get a good job I'll have all the time in the world to date and it'll actually be a real relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't sweat it, dude. At 36 I still have strangers come up and ask me why I'm not married. Society tries to force us into a particular life track, and people feel uncomfortable when they see others taking a different route. They look to the people around them for validation of their choices, and through your own, different choices you're denying them that validation.

Don't let anyone else decide what is or should be important to you. If doing well in school and devoting your time and energy working toward a career that you like is a major goal for you, then absolutely go for it.

What Girls Said 4

• Pft. You sound like you have a better handle on this shit that most people your age. Let them talk their trash, seems like you're going to get the last laugh.

• you're special.

• Special in a bad or good way?

• good way. you're smart, you have the wisdom most people like. don't worry. i was like that throughout high school and although i can't say i am attractive or talented in performance related activities, i know that wisdom shines and makes one stand out. i get called intriguing and wise all the time. you are like that. once you go to college/university, people will see this. it's in your eyes and people will be addicted to how unique you are

• *you have the wisdom most people your age wouldn't have, is what i meant to say

• People look down on you because they are asshole and asholes will be assholes. But they also might say that because usually eveyone has a certain someone and even if you dont it seems kind of odd that you never had a girlfriend. Not that its bad, no its a good thing because you don't get caught up in the drama and work to keep up a relationship and you don't want to end up like them. Just keep your head.

• Because people look for anything to judge about

What Guys Said 3

• Cuz theyre immature. Being in more relationships does NOT make someone a better bf/gf, husband/wife... in fact most of the time the opposite is true, because dating, and going in and out of relationships creates a lot of guards, insecurities, and internal baggage. Life is s marathon, not a sprint, so dont listen to them, and take your time.

• Aren't you the same guy who was on about how amazing it is to be single. In highschool?

• No, I personally don't think it's amazing to be single nor is it absolutely horrible - I think it's subjective.

• Just find it a weird coincidence how two contradicting views on the same topic popped up withib the same time frame by two males under 18 thats all.
      No worries. Anyway i guess we all have our pace in life to walk. i have to learn the ropes in adulthood so eh i guess you're better than i am at least.

• Being single is not honorable. Nor is being in a relationship. The true blessing is finding someone that is right, supporting, loyal, respectable, and caring.