Should a girl reveal her crush that she loves him?

I wanna know the consequences and possible reactions.
Psst! the guy is a bit shy

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely do not reveal you love him. I once revealed too much about my HS crush to his sister (even told her that I love her brother) who was my friend at the time. Big mistake I made. Even revealing it to a sibling (no matter how close friends we were) is the same as telling it to your crush.

He is either going to think you're crazy and will shoot yourself for him (that's what she one day told me her brother told her), that it's weird or be clueless about how to react to that because it sounds like desperation.

What Guys Said 3

• you most likely shouldn't reveal that you "love" your crush, that probably won't end well. possible reactions? he either goes with it or doesn't know what to do and slightly ignores you.

• Yes, but it could change the dynamics of your relationship with your crush. But nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• That's a diplomatic answer... thanks

• The best part is you guys are friends!!!

• Yes, and can be a bit closer than before.

• Very helpful.

What Girls Said 3

• I would be careful about professing love. Tell him you like him? Sure. But love? I wouldn't advise it.

• Well if you know your crush than you should be straightforward about it. But if he doesn't even know you exist than you should first try to get his attention. If you and your crush know each other and are friends just try to let on to him by dropping hints or just flat put tell him you like him. Don't say that you love h because most likely he'll think its more obsession. Good luck!

• Yeah reserve the L word for when you have been together for a while. He's likely to get scared and run a mile. Just ask him to spend time with you, eg. Invite him to do some activity together.

• Sounds like a great advice. Thanks!

• No problem... it is less pressure for both of you and then you get to know him a bit. An activity can give you some good chances to subtly touch him - a bit of physical contact (eg touching his hand or his arm) can work far better than throwing yourself out on a limb. Good luck :-)

• Thank you!!! Nice tips!