I was insecure and ugly and now become one of the popular girls, how can I dump my boyfriend?

I was dating my boyfriend a few years back because I was ugly and insecure. Flashback now, I have become one of the popular and pretty girls at my school because I worked out, lost my baby fat, and was a late bloomer. My boyfriend doesn't fit right into my social group. We just drifted apart. He's a nice guy but too timid. Lately, I've been attracted to one of the popular boys at my school, who has taken a liking to me. I have high self esteem now and belong to the popular crowd now. I just want to be single and experience something more out there.

What is the best way dump my boyfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 4

• you dont deserve him... hopefully he realizes how shallow you are and will move on before you screw him over. slut.

• Tell him that you decided he means so much you that you want to celebrate you two being together for as long as you have. Tell him you want to take him out to eat to treat him and take him to someplace that special to celebrate. Then when the time comes take him to a fast food joint with a coupon and order yourself the most expensive thing on the menu and order him something from the 99 cent menu with the coupon and let me know how things work out.

• In five years, tell me how important it was to be popular in highschool.

• being popular seems to matter a lot to you... it shouldn't... but you'll find that out soon enough when you get out of high school. college eats "popular" kids for breakfast because the only popular people are the athletes. good luck.. hope he finds someone who will really care for him, timid or not.

What Girls Said 4

• You wanna dump the boy who stood by your side when no one else would... wow... you sound so shallow. You wanna dump your boyfriend for a guy who didn't even know you existed until now? I don't know why popularity is so important to you and I don't know you but for what I have read you must be a really ugly person in the inside.

• Keep real people around you. You would be a fool to dump the only guy who liked you for you, to get with a guy whos now only noticing you for your looks and status. don't trade in a diamond for a lump of coal. if he is nice, treats you right and over looked your ugliness and insecurity then hold onto him as long as you can. maybe you can help him fit in. but don't leave him for one of these popular boys who just wants to get between your legs. a guy like ur bf is hard to find

• Dumping people is hard and a very touchy thing. There is always the option of just telling him the truth. Tell him that you just feel you've drifted apart and you're not the same girl you were a couple years ago.

• So immature...