He's going to ask me to prom?

So I've only known this guy for 2 weeks and we've been on one movie date but we've seen each other different times. It's really not moving that fast, but the issue is that his prom is coming up and he doesn't have a date. If he doesn't have a date, he's not going to go to his prom. So he basically told me that he was going to ask me. I mean, I don't mind going because we both really like each other. But I'm scared about what other people are going to think like my family and friends. I already know a lot about him, and even if I go to his prom it wouldn't be anything really serious. What do i do? Should I say yes? And how would I tell my parents that? Because Im going to have to ask them before if I can go to prom with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't worry about what others think, do what makes you happy. If you like this guy then go to prom with him.

What Guys Said 1

• Say yes and enjoy a night out! Make sure your parents know who this guy is ahead of you going to prom though.

What Girls Said 1

• say yes and tell your parents that its just for fun