How did you and your current boyfriend/girlfriend start dating?

I'm just asking out of curiosity :) Here's a few things I'm wondering about. You don't have to answer all of them, of course
1. How close were you two before you started dating?/ How long have you known each other?
2. Who made the first move?
3. If you made the first move, what did you do and how did you get the courage to do it?
4. What made you realize that you wanted to be in a relationship with this person?

Most Helpful Girl

• - Very close. We had a thing for 4 years before we started dating officially.

- Joint effort? He invited me to his homecoming but I couldn't go and he took that as a shut down so I invited him to mine and then that's that.

- In order to invite him to my homecoming I literally asked his parents for permission to ask him out. It was absolutely terrifying. I was a coward about it. I texted his mother and then I hid my phone for an entire day so I wouldn't keep looking at it and panicking.

- I knew I wanted to be with him when I met him at age 14. It just took a very long time to get around to dating. He is absolutely brilliant and I needed that in my life I guess haha

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• 1. Didn't know him at all, dating site.
    2. Me, I noticed our profiles were very similar. It was a short invitation for him to view mine.
    3. PM'd him on site with a quick message telling him to read mine and get back to me if he was interested. Courage because I sent out many such messages prior to the one I sent him.
    4. Literally the first date. We both felt so relaxed, it was as if we knew each other for years already. Very comfortable and relaxed, laughing the entire time.

• My current bf and I met threw a mutual female friend. He had been chasing her for about a year but she didn't feel like settling for him. She liked his personality and drive and what he could provide ( $300+ dates every week plus gifts) but he wasn't drop dead 6 pack straight off a romance novel hot so she was playing him. She only introduced me to him saying he was being clingy and she thought we would make a good match... After she dragged me on a "date" as a third wheel because she didn't want to be alone with him. Lol that was awful. Well soon she was dragging me to every date/ meet up they had so me and him started talking. We exchanged numbers and talked for about a month somewhere along the way he started falling for me. I was hesitent since he was so attached to her. I ended up dating another guy but that didn't last long as he was a crazy cheating creeper. I found myself missing the closeness I had with my current bf so I agreed to go out with him when he asked me out. ( funny side story creeper guy went threw 4 people to get bfs number to ask him how to get me back >< well it was only 3 days after the break up... Oops) well the female friend hated that we got together and caused crap since the dates and gifts and money stopped. But he stood by me and now we have been together for 5.5 years.

• We broke up, but he prank texted me for a friend and then wouldn't leave me alone lol that is exactly how we met