Asked my boyfriend of 1 year to delete his Tinder account and he asked me to delete this one?

Does this seem fair? I had a friend text me asking when we broke up because she saw his tinder profile and I called him and asked him to please delete it. He said he would if I deleted my account on here. I plan on it because I respect the deal we made but I don't see how this site is anything like tinder. Just curious on other peoples opinions.

• Fair enough
  • Not fair

Most Helpful Guy

• you can't compare a question and answer website to Tinder, tell him to eat a dick.

What Guys Said 11

• No, it's not a fair swap at all. That's be like you asking him to give up his chick on the side, and he agrees but only if you'll stop hanging out with your best friend.

More importantly, why was he on Tinder?

• If he thinks it is fair then he can create an account here, and you can start a tinder account. If he has a problem with that, then it clearly isn't fair. He just wants to punish you for asking for something really reasonable.

• I don't think it's an equal comparison. Tinder is a dating site right and this is primarily a question and answer site.

• Wow you giving in to rubbish like that is what's wrong with some girls these days. Your bf is so going to be laughing behind your back on how he successfully got you to close yor Harmless GAG ACCOUNT. Then just make another tinder account

Just saying

• I think they are two entirely different things... correct me if I am wrong but Tinder is a meat market for picking up people?

This is predominantly a venue for discussing relationships on a mature level?

That's like comparing apples and oranges :P

• I think it's crazy for couples to delete their Social media accounts
    over a relationship i mean there is married people who have their
    own Facebook page etc.

• Its not like I'm asking him to delete his Facebook or Twitter. I just want him to delete his tinder since its pretty much a hook up site.

• Yes well hope it works for you two, any site now days
      can almost be used as a hook up site but i don't do no
      hook ups just my ways but i don't judge others who do
      people are entitled to meet where ever they find suited.

• I agree when it comes to Facebook, Instagram or anything else that requesting someone to delete it is stupid but Tinder from what i've heard from friends is just a site to meet people and fuck pretty much. I hate all social media sites so I don't care but I think there's a pretty big difference in this case too.'

• Lol if it wasn't for your profile pic I had said that its not intended to date people from this site... But you quite seem to have this in mind. I bet you get a lot of creep messages too.

• I get a lot of creep messages but I ignore most of the messages I get

• well you know it could still happen that you kind of get to know somebody on here... it´s just in the nature of this site.

• It could happen.

• Relationships are all about sacrifice and trust. But hey I've been cheated on by my only girlfriend and have been single since so what do I know?

• Just make another one and surf anonymous. Unlike tinder you don't need a picture of yourself at all.

• Because lying to my boyfriend is exactly what I want to do. Trust and honesty aren't important in a relationship.

• Where did you lie? The deal from what I understand is both of you delete the account. You fulfill it :)

• Playa playa. He's got this shit on lockdown. Fair play lol.

• If it's the deal you guys agreed upon, then go ahead.

Is it fair?
    Depends on what you do here, it's obvious a lot of flirting and private messaging happen around this site with the opposite gender and we can't deny the nudes sent by some guys.

If you strictly use it to answer question and ask questions then I see nothing wrong with your acocunt.

What Girls Said 13

• I think that you guys shouldn't control each other like that... Define what is cheating for you (flirting yeah or nah?) - & trust each other.
    Tinder is a dating site, when GAG is not. But if he uses it to have random convos about artichockes, up to him. He can do whatever he wants if that doesn't imply he is cheating on you. If you want to talk with some GaGers, good enough- if that's not considered cheating for any of you. It's only my opinion anyway, hope it helps.

• No, I don't see where that's fair. Tinder is strictly a dating website. If you've been in a relationship for a year then the truth is that he should've been deleted it. This is not a dating site. This is a question/answer forum. Two totally different things.

• GAG is nothing like Tinder. Don't get me wrong, once in a while a bold and brave man will drop a message in your inbox. Never serious. Odds are he probably lives a kabillion miles away.

But hey, if it'll help close his tinder account I guess.

• It is not the same thing. tinder is for hook ups. This site is for advice. completely different sizes of the spectrum of accounts

• this is a website based on advice. Tinder is an app based on finding a partner and just a general ego/confidence boost. You wanting your boyfriend to delete his Tinder account is understandable, and even advisable. You don't want your man to check out other girls etc. Although i see no special reason he should want you to delete this account, you should still do it for the sake of the negotiation. You don't want to get into any unnecessary fights :)

• I was under the impression, from what i've heard about Tinder, that people use it just to hook up and this site isn't the same in my opinion. I wouldn't mind my boyfriend having an account on this site but Tinder is another story.

• That's not fair at all. This site isn't a "hookup" site. It's a place to voice your opinion, ask questions etc. I understand some people do hit on people, but just don't reply to them.
    Tinder, on the other hand, is a site solely based on hookups! Why would he need to know if other girls think he is hot when he's in a relationship?
    I would be so mad TBH

• Well... GAG isn't a hook up/dating site while Tinder is specifically for people to hook up or date.

So yea, your boyfriend is delirious.

He totally disrespected you & your relationship by making a Tinder.

• He had one before we started dating and just didn't delete it when we did. He says he doesn't use it and that he just never got around to deleting it.

• This is like compring apples to oranges. GaG is not a dating/hookup site and Tinder is. He should not have suggested that you delete your account here in exchange for him to delete his Tinder. He should not be on Tinder period.

• You should dump him is what you should do. He's being manipulative.

• Are you not broken up?

• This site is way different than tinder. This site is for advice where tinder is for meeting people. But I do have to say.. Your profile pic of just your beasts is questionable. Don't you feel that your boyfriend is wondering why you have that pic? Why not a pretty face picture?(;

• My boyfriend doesn't know what picture I have on here. He just knows about the site because I talk about it. I don't have a picture of my face because a creep managed to use it to find me on Facebook, get my cell number, and harass me. Part of why my boyfriend doesn't like the site.

• Okay I understand that now but why not someother picture or no picture at all? I think breasts on here are very misleading

• Well you have boobs profile picture and that attracts guys and sure will flirt with you, even this isn't a dating app/website you should delete your account here too. If you're just curious about opinions then don't put boobs profile picture.

• Well see the reason I don't have my face is because someone managed to use it to find me on Facebook and stalk me. I love my boobs and if I do get inappropriate messages the guy gets blocked. End of discussion.