Is it ok for a 22 year old to date a 45 year old?

we have friends for two years

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• It is not OK for a 22 year old to date a 45 year old. You are both literally living in two very different worlds. The age difference is a Great Divide that can't be transversed.

Find someone your own age. Doing this will add that much more to the success of the relationship. Remember, he was 23 when you were born.

• Of course it's 'ok', why wouldn't it be?

The only issues are that people born 20 years apart have less common experience because they grew up in a different time so might find it more difficult to relate and empathise with each other once the 'giddy, this is so wonderful, sex sex sex!' phase of the relationship has come to an end, as it always does. I'm 36 and work with girls in their early 20's and honestly wouldn't know what we'd find to talk about if we were in a relationship. But if you have strong common interests like a shared hobby or something then that might not be so much of a big thing.

Also people in their 40's and people in their 20's tend to have different priorities in life and relationships, so it's important to make sure you understand one another and what you want from the relationship before it gets too serious. But that's true for any relationship.

But if you can overcome that then go for it and have fun. Certainly don't worry about people judging you, that's their problem, not yours.

• It is disgusting and creepy. As a 46 yr old...
    1) I will not date any woman that can break up with me and date my sons. that is just creepy and wrong
    2) if she really wanted me, which is not likely for anything other then she thinks I have money, which I don't, it would be a huge ego boost. what guy wouldn't want a blow job from a 20's yeard old. But that is all I want. I don't want her to talk. because 70% I dont care about and 30 % I don't even understand.

• Yeah sure. Why not even date a 70 year old?

• I agree with, Barbarossa. I don't understand what this sudden hype of young women wanting to date men that old? Sorry, young lady, but dating someone that old will bring in a lot of complications into your relationship due to you and your partner's different life stages and different mentalities. What's wrong with men your own age? The average response I get from a woman like are "Men my age are immature" well, I'm afraid dating older generations is NOT going to solve your problems, because every man is different no matter what age. My advice would be stick with your own age and I can say this as a 46 year old man myself.

What Girls Said 3

• How did you both meet?

• It is okay because you both are adults.

But I sure couldn't do that

• If both of you make eachother happy and it's serious... yes :)