Guys, guys do you like a blunt and honest woman?

Guys do you like it when a woman is blunt and honest with you? Especially when you like her? What if she straight up told you she is lusting after you? How would you feel? Lol

Well long story but the same guy I am lusting after I told him honestly and bluntly that I wanted him. As a boyfriend that is. I even asked him to be my boyfriend. He doesn't want a relationship right now but he's definitely showing signs of interest as well as I. Should I play things cool? Keep being the honest me? I told him today that I miss him.

83

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys also fear rejection so having the women make her feeling known is helpful.
    Most guys are pathetic at body language, subtle hints etc. So you will often die waiting for him to "get it".

As an example. Many years after my friends & I all got married I'm sometimes surprised when one of my long time female friends tells me that she or one of her friends had the hots for me. With hindsight, all these events become obvious that I was totally oblivious to their hints. I was so focused on caring for all the girls in our group & being a good friend. It never dawned on me that they were interested in more.

So I say. Spell it out. Say how you feel. Then give him a little time to figure out how that fits with how he feels. By that I mean don't go nuts and tell him every day that you love him. It is enough for him to know that you are interested in starting a relationship. Have the conversation about how you both feel. Then go back to being a good friend & fun to be around. That way there is no pressure on either of you.
    If something happens immediately then great. But maybe you will slowly get closer over several months. Or perhaps it will never happen. At least you will remain friends.

What Guys Said 82

• I prefer the naked truth. If it's blunt, so be it. I don't like guessing, interpreting

• You have 10x more chances with guys when you're "blunt" and honest. Just don't be the type that wants confrontations as those get old real fast.

• Blunt and honest is good when I'm on the chasing end. I really need to know the truth and what she thinks of me.

But being lusted after by a girl? Well... I suppose it would be a vulnerable thing for the girl to divulge. Giving informatinon always means making yourself more vulnerable. There is some truth to the fact that all humans want the thing that we cannot get. For him, knowing that he's got you hooked on him, might mean he's less interested in you. Like taking you for granted, or thinking you're too easy.

Just my 2 cents though.

• That was awesome BUT! Back off. He knows what you want. The balls in his court. You've done your part. Keep going g it it'll be creepy. Don't play hard to get just don't pursue with miss you texts and what not. You've done the hard part already. You're almolst home free. Just by backing off to a regular level of interaction, by comparison to that direct action it will seem like your playing hard to get. Still try to look good around him and if he comes up to you to talk, talk to him. You should be good. He'll be thinking about the possibilities now. As guys we aren't used to being put in the spot with a relationship request. Almolst any guy would have responded as he did. Give it time

• Ok I will. I haven't even texted him at all today. Doesn't mean I don't want to talk to him. But I've definitely backed off some. :)

• Yea. That's it. I'm not saying ignore his text or anything either but don't go into gushing your feelings again even if he seems to be pushing for it a bit. In that case something like "you already know" will work. Let's him know that just because you did it once doesn't mean it's on call. Guys can crave attention too.

• Yes we want direct honesty! We are not mind readers, we actually HATE mind games and subtle innuendo.

As for the situation with your guy, you seem to be doing well, he wants to take things slow so take things slow for now. One of the biggest mistakes women get into in these situations is obsessing over not texting/talking. Yes it is important and telling him you miss him is fine. Just don't keep doing it multiple times a day. Go about your life and let him go about his, texting and talking some in between, but don't force it. Save it for date night and make it special!

• I'd sit upright and proffer my equal and unequivocal companionship to a woman who is intelligent and genuine in her approach to candidness. But, for the deceptive ones, who, in the name of being blunt, just lie to themselves to exercise power by being rude and feigning it with the veneer of bluntness, I'd make sure to tear their facade and scathe them with my intelligence until they suffer, provided my general disposition towards life is full of vigour at the time I meet her. If I am in my indifferent state, then I'll walk away as quietly as a tortoise.

• Yes and no. When it comes to a woman who's trying to send me flirty messages it definitely helps. It just that most men literally don't know how to react to it simply because most women don't outright say anything very blunt.

• I think a blunt and honest women is certanly better than a manipulative woman who plays the guessing games and mind games, and then gets easily irritated when her man didn't know the answer by then.

• Its really depends on the situation and the type of people you're dealing with...
    Yes, most us like honest girls and want to hear whatever she's thinking about us but I also have friends who just like being loved. They just enjoy it doesn't actually cares about other's feeling.

And in your case, I think you shouldn't be too honest and always tell him how much you care about him and miss him...
    He already knows that you have feelings for him and if he also has the same feeling for you, he'll of course come to you some day. Even though you dont always tell him about your feelings.

• You sound exactly like what I want in a girl. No Time for the BULLSHIT!

• I think that he has already let you in his life then you can just slowly keep pushing it.
    Don't fear and don't. If your guts are right he will change his mind.

And yes, a blunt and honest women might be challenging (depending on personal taste) but its better than having a girl that makes you work for it.

• I think its totaly fine, i would like if a girl told me that. it sure boosts our confidence and makes us apreciate you even more, maybe he didn't even realize he liked you but when you say you like him, that sure comes to mind, "this girl is nice and she likes me" whatelse could you want? i would say be yourself!!!

• Blunt no... because it sounds to much like an I told you so situation. No one likes an in your face attitude.

Being honest is essential though. It builds the trust in the relationship and in turn opens our heart to you even more.

• YES! I mean it is fun to flirt with innuendos and so forth but there is nothing like a confident woman that knows what she wants.

• keep it funny... and honest... but when the moment gets awkward.. say " am just kidding"... it works everytime... trust me.

• Yes.

It makes it so much easier to be open with someone like that. We can't read minds so voice your opinion.

• Honesty is number 1 with me, i tell people that i wear my heart on my sleeve, do what i say i'll do, and say what i do..

• The truth always works out... Actually lying to build up a relationship is making a high rise building with cardboard foundation.. Lies kill relationship...
    My gf used to lie a lot to me i did believe her though.. But when the truth came out , i broke.. Well thats a different story...
    If a girl told me she wants me.. Then if i like her I'll tell her I like him too and if not i will not hesitate to turn her down...
    I personally can't stand relationships build on lies ( also i dont like to stay in buildings with cardboard foundations )

• Good job telling him how you feel. Don't feel like you've made a mistake.
    If he's not interested in a relationship, you should start seeing someone else who will.

• Yes, I really hate playing those games. I'd rather have her tell me what she feels about me instead of leaving me guessing.

• cuts 100% of the drama out.

So yes

• yes... I would. In fact "honesty" is probably the quality that I give most value, so, I would love a woman like that...

• i love blunts... and honest women.

• " He doesn't want a relationship right now" Personally, I think this is a crock of shit. No one decides "today is okay to have feelings for someone but yesterday wasn't". That's what people say when they don't feel the same way. If he had feelings for you, he'd go for it.

"... but he's definitely showing signs of interest as well as I. Should I play things cool?"

Not only play it cool but actively look for other men to date. Do not, I repeat DO NOT sleep with this guy. If you do you'll forever be in the "fuckable but not dateable" category.

Pretend you never told him you're interested in him. You need him to chase you now. Do not become his consolation prize!!!

• u can be down to earth but dont be blount about EVERYTHING i mean u dont just ask people "hey i wanna have sex with u" u kinda have to take it slow

• Yes, but they're rare.

• I've generally liked girls who are fairly blunt or politically-incorrect.

• Blunt and honest girls are so much better, believe me. It's too hard for us men and our inferior intelligence to determine with accuracy a girls emotions. When she comes right out and tells us, even if it's bad, it's so much easier and clearer.

• I instantly want a girl that can be honest and blunt its a turn on for me props to you hope it all goes well

• I'm a pretty oblivious person, so I tend to gravitate towards people who are more blunt and honest. I prefer it in a mate. Hints are aggravating.
    If she told me she was lusting after me, I'd high-tail it out of there. I don't want a piece of that pie.

• More from Guys
    52