"If you say no I'll move on. If that's what you want you should say no. If that's not what you want you should stay yes"?

Is that straightforward or rude sounding if stated calmly and friendly ? Second time I've asked this guy out in three months and second time he's acted like I'm confusing him and he doesn't understand whats going on. i said " I have standing room tickets for the opera- he likes opera- do you want to join me next week". I don't think there was much room for confusion;) We have known each other two years and dated a while back cut short by life circumstances. We hang out all the time and he doesn't flirt with anyone else and he is the one who said he wanted to go out on a date in the first place three months ago. And I like him. So at this point I want to know if he's interested or if I should move on. Which is why I asked him out twice. First time not answering could be nerves , second time feels more like a game. But I wanted to make sure for myself. So anyhow if I clearly and calmly tell him " why" I am asking the question and why I want an answer since both things seem to elude him. I just want to know if it's appropriate it will be taken as rude? I want him to know I don't want or exist him to do anything he doesn't want but also that I'm not going say no to other guys just in case he one day decides he wants to hang out alone. "If you say no I'll move on... " ( as in the title) Is it ok? Clear short to the point but not rude?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's pretty straight forward. You shouldn't live with regrets -- I think you should send that to him.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Yes very straightforward

• Yes it's ok... Ask the question how else are you going to know