Is being single a matter of a choice?

Is being single a matter of a choice or does a relationship naturally present itself? (Sorry this has been on my mind for a while).

Most Helpful Guy

• For women, it's a choice. If you decide not to be single you won't be. Be more open to relationships but realize that that more open attitude to going in also applies to leaving. Be open to trying to make something happen with someone who is perhaps not perfect and if it doesn't work out you can just call a spade a spade. You can date someone for a month, it's cool. I always go for the 2/3 rule. If you love two out of every 3 things about them they're worth the time of day. You may find more stuff you hate in which case... you'll know but you may find more things you love, in which case the things you hate will matter less.

What Guys Said 17

• It's part choice and part chance. The choices you make increase or decrease the chances you have of finding someone. Example: You go out with friends to a big party. It's more likely you'll meet someone than if you stayed at home. However, there is still the chance that the person who is your type doesn't show up there.

• For some people it's a choice. For others they wish they were in a relationship. Some guys don't want to be in a relationship so they never flirt with girls and if any girl flirts with them they are polite but keep emotionally distanced. Some girls who want to be single simply turn down any guy that asks them out. Other wish someone would ask them out and some guys wish that one of the girls they ask out wouldn't reject them.

• I think this is the first truly intelligent question I've seen on GaG.

OT: I think it depends on your personality really. For extroverts, I'd say it's more choice/effort based. For introverts, effort is a factor, but it probably relies more heavily on overcoming inhibitions and mental limitations.

• And I'm the introvert in this case :p. And thank you :)

• i think its all choice. depends how much effort a person puts into getting a partner. that includes people who think they're not attractive enough to get a partner, well put in the effort to go get one by any means possible ya know.

• Relationship naturally presents itself - If you meet the right person for that time in your life you wouldn't want to be single - A odd few might do it priests, career minded people etc.

• for me at least... it is a choice indeed. basically!

• I'm hoping it naturally presents itself... but with the way things have been going I don't know

Unless it has already and I was too inept to see it or do anything about it. That is a very real possibility 😭

• Lord you sound like myself haha. Positive vibes and go with the wind :)

• I suppose if they lowered their standards enough, anyone could find a relationship but it wouldn't be a happy one nor would it last

• For some people it's a choice, but for other people it's not.

• For me right now it is.

• No it's not a choice for me I would love being in a relationship but the girl I love is older than me so...😞 you can understand that 💐 n wbu?

• I am sure you will find love, remain optimistic! That's at least what I tell myself :). It may not come easy, but I am sure in time it will present itself.

• Thanks 😊...

• I believe it is a choice for most people

• No for me it isn't I been trying for a really long time alone!!! no wants to give me the chance or be with me ps starving for love

• Not for everybody ofcourse, but for me personally it is. Not that i can get a girlfriend in like 5 minutes, but you get my point xD

• It's by choice

• Some people are very attractive and have the luxury of choice.
    Some people, for whatever reason, can't find themselves in a relationship after a lot of effort

• NO. it is involuntary.

What Girls Said 8

• Personally it's a matter of choice. There are guys I could pursue if I seriously felt like it, but I don't. I'm not a people person, I just wanna do me for the time being.

• to me it is. relationships present themselves but it's up to me to decide whether id like to partake in those or not.

• For many it is.

• It's a choice. Bc u chose not to date that person bc u want someone better. So u just say I "can't find a date". If someone really wanted a bf/gf they could find someone I promise

• a matter of choice, definitely.

• Yes being single is a choice and I love it :)

• It depends. Some people choose to be single because they have just ended a relationship, so want to remain single for a while.

Some people may not have a social life and find it difficult to meet people of the opposite sex. Although , they may really want to meet someone who they can be in a relationship.

Some people have the opportunity to be in a relationship, but they aren't attracted to them, so they would rather wait for the right person than to settle for just anyone.

• i think it is sometimes choice because there is many people out there but not the one.