How to not get heart broken over guys?

Just wondering..I don't fall for guys often but when I do I fall deep and it takes me YEARS to get over guys. I have only have two boyfriends (one in high school and one in the beginning of college) and they both have taken my years to get over. In fact I still think about my college one (we broke up 3 years ago) often and I am not even sure if I am quite over him.

Anyways I just hate that it takes me forever to get over guys like this so I need some tips on being a stronger person.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know... I had a girl break my heart just recently but i'm already out pursuing casual relationships with girls like her just to convince myself she's not so 1 in a million. I mean its not like its not something other people don't want to help you with, all i had to do was tell a girl and she basically offered to suck my dick to make it better lmao. I think its best just to take it easy on your heart for a bit and tell your head to stop taking things so seriously. Its not all of it, but you take away the bite of heartbreak by relieving a bit of the sexual tension.

• I go out with other guys though that's the thing but they all seem the same to me. Like no one excites anymore and I haven't felt anything for a guy in 3 years. It was the same in high school before my college boyfriend. I just seem to go through stages of having a boyfriend then taking years to get over him and not being interested in other guys in the mean time it's so weird.

• well exactly you shouldn't be out trying to feel stuff. you should be out just having fun, intentionally NOT trying to feel stuff. like me i'm out dating another sweet bi blond chick just to convince myself she's replaceable... hell i dont know if she's as fun as my ex or a cheerleader but who cares man i just need to get high and find a warm place to put my cock so i dont have to give a fuck. all the things that are stereotypically male things to do are actually perfectly effective forms of catharsis. Girls love to trip out and obsess about their heartbreak, if only because its expected of them.

What Guys Said 2

• there are 3 types of people that can enter into your life. mirrors that help you learn things about yourself, crystal balls that help you clarify your future path, and angels that step in maybe only for a short while to guide you on your journey. some people are combinations of these types, and it sounds like your lovers have all been angels to some extent. they have helped you on your journey, and maybe taught you things that you would have never known without them, but they aren't meant to be in your life forever. you have grown from them as much as you possibly can, and no more growth is possible from them. by staying in your life futher they would only prolong your interaction in a way that doesn't allow for growth for either of you. you need to find someone who helps you grow as a person, while you help them grow as a person as well. That bond will be unbreakable. I have the same problem as you, and its driven me to think myself in circles many times.

• There will always be the chance of heartbreak if you plan on continuing to date. You've emotionally invested yourself with both guys so it really hurt when it was over. So you can empathize with others and not want to break some guys heart. Just focus on developing yourself as a person and when you do meet a guy you're interested in just take it slow at first.

What Girls Said 3

• I just found out that all guys are really bum. I don't think they think anything else but just hanging around. so, don't waste your time thinking they are something else? bum is bum... just forgive them and let them be themselves that will make you be yourself?

• Don't allow yourself to be vulnerable.

• The only solution is to not fall in love xD