Can teens be in love?

Can teens be really in love or not?

I'm not in love or dating but.. I was just curious for the future

Most Helpful Guy

• Well I think that teen will think they are in love. And maybe it will turn out to be true love. But usually they are in more of puppy love or lust then anything. Unfortunately until you find 'true love' you really don't know what it is.
    But, I do know a couple that has been married for almost 30 years. they started going out in elementary school. now they broke up a few times during high school but always ended up back together. actually they had 1 child and another on the way by graduation. Now that is an extreme case of "exception to the rule" but it shows that it is possible.
    It is just not likely that you will be truly 'in love' at your age.
    but I was engaged to my ex wife when she was a senior. We lasted 25 years. she wanted the divorce, not me. so as I say... anything is possible.

What Guys Said 14

• They can, not likely though.

Real love is proven when the chips are down and everything looks at it's worse, and you STILL tell the person you're willing to make it work, that you're still willing to accept them for all of their flaws.

If you've never had a fight with the person, then you don't know what real love is.

Most teenagers don't even know how to handle their OWN problems yet, let alone the problems that their loved ones can bring into their own life and yours.

• even I knew growing up through my teens I couldn't possibly be in love until I was able to stand the test of time and love. so before that process, every girl was just another infatuation.

• Yes, but the reason adults typically say that is because most teenage relationships are only flings and end after a few weeks or couple months. Getting to the six-month mark in a teenage relationship is quite an accomplishment. And in relationships, typically the first few months or even couple of years are only infatuation - that phase of not being able to keep hands off of each other, having a blast, kissing under the stars at midnight, etc. People confuse that as love, when really that is just infatuation. At that phase you are merely in the process of falling in love. The real test of whether the two involved are actually in love is after that initial honeymoon phase.

• Yes a teen can fall in love... the hard part is falling out of love if your hurt... man its hard to find someone that loves you back as you love them... especially as a teen

• I was in love from 14 years till my 18 years.
    Obsessed by that girl.
    Yes thus.

• But love, infatuation or severe crushing?
      Difficult to say. Enough to dissuade me from flirting with other girls.

• Sure they can. Are they mature enough to make it last? No. A lot of things change from your teen years to adulthood.

• Yeah love is just a biological trick so anyone can be in love one thing you will notice as you get older is that there is no such thing as grown ups adults act immature everyday.

• nope
    its just the hormonal changes happening in our body that we think its love but its actually not love.
    itz just liking

• yeah, the question is a little ridiculous

because: ''love'' has no age. :)

• Yes in calf love... !!

• I love my xbox, does that count?

• Rarely but sure some cases proves that age didn't matter in love.

• I like how u asked this then if anyone liked 50 shades of grey lol

• I met my current wife at age 17 (she was 16) we have been together for 7 years and have a 1 year old son. So yes it is possible to fall in love in your teens but at 14 i am not to sure about that.

What Girls Said 7

• A version of love, I feel. Not a mature understanding of real love. I thought I was when I was 14... turns out I'm going to be 25 and realized that I have developed a different notion of what I feel true love is and my views from my teen years are extremely different as I have different standards.

• I believe so. I mean people used to get married and start families in their teens. I think it has more to do with mental maturity and common sense than age.

• No. At least not by my definition of love.

Can some teenage relationships last long term, and eventually result in love? Of course. But I feel like love is something that happens after two people have been together a long time, after they've been through a lot together - and teenagers simply haven't been around long enough for that yet.

• Yes, in fact, teens have a more intense love feeling than grown-ups. They can be so full of love, they become reckless. That and their limited life experience makes grown-ups to take them less seriously.

• Dude ofcourse they can

• I think that teens can be in love. But I've never been in love before.!

• Yes, but knowing high school dynamics, I doubt it will last.