Is it just me or are women in the west becoming more and more unapproachable?

I find that there are several contributing factors to western women becoming more unapproachable. e.g.:
- The rise of feminism: "hey, we're equal to men. We're independent and don't need men."
- Social media: they're all deeply connected to their social networks 24/7 that their need for attention is fulfilled (including their need for self-gratification). People can't differentiate their virtual life with face to face interaction any more.
- Dating apps: women have access to more men than ever before. Often, men are to blame for their lack of standards and their willingness to pounce on every woman out there.

When I say unapproachable, I'm talking about women who are dismissive, cold/ b*tchy or loud-mouthed when they a man approaches them in a friendly manner. I'm also referring to their discretion to keep new men at arm's length.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women: "A male stranger? He must be a rapist."
    Women: "A male coworker? He must be a rapist."
    Women: "My brother? He must be a rapist."

That's kind of the root of the problem.

• Being called "blonde" is now considered sexual harassment:
      www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...acked-going-public.html

• Well how about stop raping and people will stop calling men rapists. Why is it when talking about anything you consider positive it's a shared guy trait but when it's rape or violence it's just some crazy individual.

If you guys are one group and all alike then be accountable for all the raoe going on. You can't share the honor and glory if you are not willing to accept responsibility for the shame.

What Girls Said 5

• it's just you.

• in my opinion I was always around guys growing up (no, I'm not a slut, I grew up on a ranch..) so I'm always comfortable around them and like to do guy work, but it comes to a point where I need to back down and be a woman and allow them to do something for me. Also I like to do a lot of "womanly" stuff too- bake/cook, clean, do crafts, etc. It depends on the man and woman..

• What do you mean you " need to back down"?

• But if you don't do something you can't do , thats not backing down , that's just accepting help. Backing down is conceding even though you CAN do it.

• True... but still sometimes you just need to back down and let a man be man. I'm not talking about abuse or any of that. I'm extremely against that. It's good to just let a man be a man and not try to always be right or argue with him. That's just my opinion.

• sooo your blaming feminism for your lack of game?

• You're talking as if all western men are warm and receptive to - any- woman approaching them. they are certainly not.

• Women approaching men in the west? That only happens to really good looking guys (who have 100s of women going for them)

• Im not confusing anything. Try to just listen to what orople say instead of telling them. Assertive is referring to a woman who approaches as apposed to not approaching. I personally don't need to put a title on anyone approaching someone. Men title it in order to point out it's not natural.

If I meant loud mouth Id say loud mouth but you're response is typical of trying to find excuses for men to not be receptive. Im referring to men not being receptive bC of the fact she's not waiting for him to approach or simply bC he's not attracted to her. That happens plenty Youd know if you were a womsn approaching men. and I don't know where you get your information from but myself as well as plenty of other women approach guys we like not " sluts" with hoards of groupies surrounding them. And men just like women can be extremely stand offish and cold to admirers.

• Assertive does not refer to approaching - that's confidence and/or courtesy. Assertive is being able to say what you really mean, and can be done nicely.
      I state once again that women do not approach average men. They approach hot men who get hit on by 100s of other women.

• I think all the "it makes me uncomfortable when a man I don't know approaches me" is contributing to that. I don't know if those women really and truly feel that way, or if it's just the method of approach they don't like or they only want cute guys coming up to them or what.

I'm friendly to most people and don't feel uncomfortable talking to new people, assuming they're acting pretty normal and not completely off, so I don't really get it.

What Guys Said 3

• I think that makes them more approachable, interesting perspective...

• You mean through virtual means or face-to-face?

• Either way...

• It's just that some old tricks don't work anymore, and you need to read the situation well.

• It's actually something many people think/feel. But I don't know if this is a real thing or just some overreaction or exaggeration.

• Yes, feminism has fucked western women up in a lot of ways.