How do I ask a girl out without sounding weird/clingy?

That simple I don't know how I come across to girls when I talk to them. I have no problems talking to girls and making friends with them or anyone else for that manner. I'm just really insecure because I don't like my looks in general. So I kinda don't know how to ask a girl out and I also don't know when it's okay to ask her out.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. If that profile picture is you then your looks are just fine. Don't fret bro.
    2. Ask a girl if she would be interested in getting coffee. Tell her it's no expectations. That way she won't feel cornered if she has no initial interest.
    3. Take her to starbucks and buy her a venti frappuccino with a ton of whip cream. (or whatever she wants) ;)
    4. Talk to her about her interests and goals.
    5. Turn on the charm so she gets to know the real you.
    6. If she seems interested then maybe ask her if she has interest in doing something else some time.

• That seems easy enough!

• Sounds like a confidence issue for you. You need to exude confidence. Tell yourself that you're better than the other guy and then act like it. Not in a cocky way but in a way where you basically show your feathers. Show what you've got whether it be athletic prowess, intelligence, compassion, empathy, etc. I guarantee that the next guy is not the whole package. You just need to upstage him on a few elements. Girls can smell the confidence. So be confident in yourself--your walk, your look, hold your head up.

• This guys a winner! Definitely be casual, and like he said: confident not cocky. Know your qualities and own them. Girls can tell if a guy isn't confident in himself and while some girls may think that's cute and like that, what they are really doing is being a nurturer, which won't help your confidence. Girls can "smell" confidence, it's true. We can see it a mile away. I'd recommend not trying to find a girl right now. Work on YOU. Focus on you. Learn your qualities, and know what makes you awesome. If you have things you're not happy with about yourself, now is the time to work on those too. :) Good luck!

What Girls Said 3

• I personally don't like when a guy compliments me more than once when we first meet. Something like "you're really cute" in a casual way is ok, or "hey you seem really nice" is cool too. But anything beyond that would creep me out. Most of the time when I get hit on/asked out it's just creepy.

I remember one specific time a guy asked me out and I was really surprised at how I was not creeped out. I was at a produce stand and there was a guy there who was just doing his shopping. I checked out and was walking back to my car, he just came up to me and said "Hey, I just wanted to tell you that I think you're really beautiful. Would you want to get coffee or something sometime?" It was SIMPLE and to the point, not overly complimenting and genuine. If I wasn't in a relationship I probably would have taken him up on it!

• Personally, for me, simple and straight to the point works: a "hey, you're really chill, wanna maybe get lunch sometime?" works. Don't take this as a time to hit on her, but complements work, just don't go overboard.

• dont ask her at all

What Guys Said 7

• Be direct.

"Hey, when are you free?"
    "I'm free Friday ."
    "Great, I'll pick you up at 7."
    -end the conversation-

And any time is right to ask a girl out. If you are sexually/romantically interested in her, ask her out. Even if she rejects you, you'll earn her respect because you risked the rejection to go for what you wanted without fear.

• You look the type of guy that should have no problem asking a girl out. Really though, just tell her you want to go on a date with her. I don't see how that's clingy. If you were never clingy with her, you should have better chances. However, if you have been clingy with her pretty often, she will say no, no matter how you ask her out.

• actually I'm pretty much always overlooked by girls even the average ones and also I'm branded as the "ugly" guy

• Whenever you want. If you're too insecure to even know when you feel like it then you should think about whether, even if you get the girl, can you keep her?

• Don't think about it. Just do it and figure out how to communicate in a way beyond simple banter.

• Chit chat a little and then just say "Will you go on a date with me this *M/T/W/TH/F/S/S* night?"

• you have a friend that is good with girls (and respectful) ask for help.

• tell her "I masturbate to you every day. help make my fantasies come true."