Does a 40 year old man date to marry?

I'm dating a 40 year old man who has been divorced for 4 years. Is he ready to settle down and get married again? They were married for 17 years. We've only been dating for 6 month, so I'm not wanting to get married anytime soon, but I don't want to keep going down this path if he isn't into this for the long run.

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the guy. Have you talked to him about it?

• Not about marriage... But we've talked about moving in together in the near future. I'm just a little worried to ask him! How do you even bring that up? Hah.

• Yeah, I don't know how to bring it up. I guess bringing it up could ruin the surprise if he proposes on the bow of a ship in the moon light too, so it's a dilemma.

What Guys Said 1

• i would date you

What Girls Said 1

• Honestly, the only way you can know is to ask. It's a perfectly legit question. If he's looking for more freedom after 17 years of being hitched, he needs to be aware you're looking for something solid. If he's looking to get remarried immediately, he needs to know you're not ready to rush down the aisle. It isn't a strange or out of place question to ask, particularly since you've past the early months and the relationship has settled into 'steady'.

• Yeah that's true. Just not really sure how to bring that up... Hah