How can I get her back as a friend without her thinking I'm trying to date her again?

We dated for a few months. I really liked her and told her a couple of times. Although she never said it, I felt that she had friendzoned me because she wasn't really showing much sign of interest when we were together, although she texted me quite a lot. Because of this I pretty much just texted her saying I couldnt be friends with her because I wanted more, and that we should stop talking. She was a bit confused but said she didn't think she could be with me so if thats what I want then ok. I let my emotions get the better of me a bit and I really regret it. It's been 3 weeks since we last spoke and I feel really bad. What can I do to get her back as a friend, without her thinking that i'm needy and continuing to try to pursue a relationship with her? I feel like anything I text her now will come across as needyness. I dont even know if she cares about the loss of our friendship or not and I dont wanna make myself look like an idiot if she doesn't.

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly, are you absolutely positively one hundred percent SURE you can be friends without wanting anything else from her? That these feelings won't come up again? If so, I wouldn't text her. I would find a way to meet up with her and explain that you made it sort of awkward between the two of you, that you're not interested in dating her, and you'd like to resume your friendship.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sure she cares about you, just platonically. Wait to text her until you 100% only see her as a friend. If you guys are good friends, you will be friends. When you do text her, say something that will encapsulate a common interest with a question. Like, if you guys liked a particular sports team, you can say, "that game last night was amazing! Did you get to watch it?"

• this seems tough im sorry , just say how are you and explain that you want to be friends nothing more if she rejects you move on she 's not worthy of you ;) stay confident you do great Jesus loves you xoxo

What Guys Said 1

• just tell her that you want to be friends with her and you honestly not looking for dating basically...;-)