How can you tell?

Okay, so I met this guy about a year ago. He's a real sweetheart. We have only seen eachother in person but when we were together, he followed me around like a puppy dog. We met at his brothers bonfire party. The first day I met him, we hung out the entire time. Talked about quite a lot. He even showed his sensitive side by confiding in me about his ex whom just recently left him. About 5 months passed before I saw him again. But as soon as I got to the party, he ran right up to me and acted as if we hadn't missed a beat. He's your typical country boy. Works full time managing a farm. Drives the box body trucks. Dresses in blue jeans, flannels, and work boots. Im into this type of thing! lol thats why I am telling you. Now my question.. He wants me to go hang out with him this weekend and wants me to be his date to his friends birthday party. I find myself really attracted to this guy in more ways then one. But the thing is, I am scared shitless. He is the only guy who has ever been able to break down this wall I've had built up for years. Everytime I hear his text notification come through my phone, my heart instantly starts pounding and I get the biggest smile on my face. And then, I find myself waiting around for him to text again. Here's where it gets tricky, I have heard nothing good about this guy. Everyone tells me to watch out. he's not good for me. He has an attitude problem. He will hurt me. Etc. But yet, to me he doesn't seem to possess any of them qualities. He even gets upset with himself when they is any slight indication that he may have upset me. What should I do?

• Back off.
  • Go for it.
  • Tell him how I feel.
  • Close myself off and see if he tries fighting for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know what its like to be hurt and put up a wall. If I were you I would ask myself if the worst was true, yes it would hurt, but would I be able to handle it without putting up the wall again and saying "no, all men are jerks" etc (Not true by the way, but after we are hurt we ALL go through one of those phases).

If you are ready to take that possible risk then you are ready to date again and go for it!

• It's definitely scary. I just don't want to get hurt. And honestly, I just don't want him of all people to hurt me.

What Guys Said 1

• Go ahead, but be careful. Don't put your heart in it... just a good time.

What Girls Said 3

• Just because you've heard bad things doesn't make them true. Girls can spread stuff about guys out of jealousy and out of heartache if he didn't like them.

Keep your guard up, but I say go for it.

• All the girls love him. Its the guys who are saying stuff. But the thing is, all the guys saying it have, at least once, showed interest in me or asked me out. So I don't know if it is a jealous thing or if they are truly looking out for me.

• Be cautious, but go for it. You'll probably have a lot of fun with him. I hope it works out!

• Don't do it he'll fuck you over. This past week a guy who had known me fora year as awesome friends asked me out Thursday, and dumped me Friday for a pretty atypical Asian girl. He'll just toy with your heart. Don't kid yourself. If he hasn't shown interest he doesn't want you because chances are he can't show you off to his "boys". It's just a waste of time.