Should I tell guys I'm a virgn?

Okay so I'm 24 and have never had a boyfriend and am a virgin. I recently started online dating. Should I tell them up front about my lack of experience? I don't want to mislead anyone. What would you do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Keep that bit of info to yourself unless the act may be coming up soon, then divulge it as a warning. You could also say it if sexual topics come up, thats up to you though. To put it out there upfront can be helpful as well as damaging. Some guys avoid virgins, some just like to take virginities for bragging rights. The midpoint is what I mentioned above.

What Guys Said 12

• I think you should just bring it up if it comes up, don't make an opener out of it.

• That's the best advice right there... Whatever you do, don't write that info on your profile... It may attract some weirdos! If it comes down to the point where you decide that you want to have sex with him then it could be brought up at the time...

• Virginity (or the lack of it) isn't a big deal. Don't talk about it unless it actually comes up in a conversation.

• I wouldn't tell them upfront because they don't need to know. I would get to know them first and if the topic of sex comes up then I would mention it. The reason being that at first you are getting to know each other as friends to see if you are even compatible that way. And friends, in my opinion, don't need to know your sexual status.

• No I wouldn't broadcast on your dating profile that your a virgin. Just wait to go on a few dates and see if you really like they guy and then if the conversations comes up you tell him.

• If you're about to have sex, say it, but don't bring it up in the middle of the date.

• I think it's a pretty easy judgment call. No need to tell every guy. Just wait until you've met a guy and you're considering it.

• Don't tell him. The less they know the better. Be weary of devious men who pretend to be nice and charming just to get close to you, then when the opportunity arises he will take your virginity like a thief and you will never hear or see him again.

• If the topic about it pops you better let em know about it :)

• That's like second or third date convo, minimum

• you should tell it

• If you need someone to take your virginity, you'll know to holler at me

• it doesn't matter to me at all

What Girls Said 8

• Keep that information to yourself at the beginning, and especially off of your online profile. Otherwise, you'll likely get a lot of guys showing interest in you just because they want to take your virginity. When you meet a guy you really like, go on a few dates and get a feel for how he is and all that. Then you can tell him that you're a virgin.

I know there's people here who are going to say that you don't need to reveal your sexual history (or lack thereof), but I think it's important for a guy to know that you're a virgin. He needs to know that he might have to guide you and be gentle.

• Don't write it on you profile or something. You'll get virgin creeps who only want you because you're a virgin. I think most guys will be okay with it and just when it comes up one time, be honest.

• You should tell them when the time is right, you don't need to advertise it through.

• Don't tell him unless he asks you.

• Tell them after a few dates. can't see the point of telling a lot boys if you haven't met them irl

• I would be honest. Guys usually like a girl to be straight with them.

• i don't think u need to make such a big deal out of it
    Let him maybe after several months?

• I think you should tell him.