Don't know how to make the first move for a kiss?

I have gone out a few times with a guy and the dates have been great. However, we have not kissed or held hands yet. I assumed he would make the first move but I think he is waiting for me until I feel comfortable. Friends have told me to just make the first move and hold hands or kiss him. The thing is I have never kissed anyone before and I'm really scared to make the first move. I feel like I will mess up and I'd just rather have him go for it. Any tips for what to do?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly, the best advice I can give you is do it when the timing feels right. That's the only time I've ever put the moves on a guy before.

It doesn't necessarily have to be a "make out" kind of a kiss. I personally love the spontaneous kisses and I'm sure he'll enjoy having one planted on him by the girl he likes, even if it is a complete surprise.

If you two are having a bonding moment, laughing and flirting a lot and you just feel like kissing him, grab his face right then and there and plant one on him. You'll be fine, he's probably just as nervous as you. :)

• You could watch online video clips on how to kiss. But if it makes you feel more comfortable, you can peck him on the cheek.

I would start with slowly putting your hands in his. Who knows? He may be shy. :)