A boy asked me out... I don't know what to do! Is he joking or kidding?

We are friends and whenever we see each other we talk but I would've never expected this person to LIKE me! It felt a dream...not like in that way but you know...it didn't feel like reality that HE would like me.

So when we were in gym last Friday , I was running with my friend and the boy is friends with my friend so he was running with us. We were all just talking and laughing and then he says "Ariana, I like you a lot" so I said nothing lol.

Then he was like, "You're hot.....and soxyy"

Okay so I know what you're thinking and no he is not a player..he is one of those super hilarious boys lol. So he was only joking but I ran away because it was awkward lol...I suck at these situations.

Then today in gym we have assign seats and he sits behind me.. so I was talking to my friend again who sits next to the boy and he suddenly says, "I like you a lot, but not just like you but i like you as a girlfriend" so I roll my eyes and smile. Then i turn around because I'm stupid and he says, "Will you go out with me" and he wouldn't look me in the eye. He was looking at the ground.

And guess what I said......nothing because I'm an idiot! I was literally feeling like I was gonna cry all day!

Is he just joking since he's one of those funny guys or is he serious? Should I confront him or confront my friend who by the way I think already knew about his crush on me.

What I'm afraid of is that it's a dare or something and I'm just going to humiliate myself by saying yes. I guess I kinda have a crush on him too but I would've NEVER thought that he liked me! Please help! (We are 7th graders)

He hasn't talked ever since... I miss our friendship...

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow. A 15 year old in 7th grade? Geeez did they hold you back or something?

I think the next time he says something, you should probably say something back. Ya know it might be a good idea.

I think he probably likes you. I mean, if ia guy calls you "soxyy" then its definitely on! Hahahaa

What Guys Said 6

• He was dead serious...

• He was being sincere! He basically had to tell you twice! And he was being very brave but you didn't say anything so now he's more confused than you are.
    I don't know why you girls think everyone is out to get you... you should realize that its very likely that a guy would want to be your boyfriend.

• Tell him you will go out with him and he'll be super happy?

• He is a joking guy and I'M 13 and have had someone as a bf who is too afraid to tell people that he dated me so he tells people it was a dare... that is why I'm afraid...

• Don't be afraid, trust me (and everyone else here who's telling you that he's sincere).

• No, He's NOT joking...

• He's probably being serious, go for it.

• soxy... lol

• This is why young guys have issues asking women out in the future. You completely handled this wrong. He probably feels awful.

• I know I feel SO BAD!!! :( What should I do? We have a math class together right after gym and he didn't talk to me like usual today

• Say sorry and say yes I want to go out with you.

What Girls Said 1

• Seems like he's serious to me. Aww. So cute.