Is it one sided or there's love from his side as well?

I heard men are not very expressive. I had been loving a guy since 1 & a half years. When I expressed my feelings, he rejected me in a decent way. I infact got flowers for him & proposed him saying that I want to spend my life with a sensible person like him. He told me its not possible. It did break my heart but I never got disrespectful towards him. Infact I noticed him treating me good instead of worst. He didn't avoid me ever. Even if he misbehaved with me over a minor thing, he apologised to me right after 24 hours. Few days ago, it was my birthday and he called me at 12:30 and began to sing "happy birthday" & told me he was with his friends, his mobile was out of charge, he just charged it to ring me up. He further said, "I pray you stay happy. You dont look good when you are sad." I said to him, "My hapiness is with you." he said "I know dear"... Then in the morning he again called me & said "Last night I was too tired so couldn't speak with you." He also keeps on advising me to avoid problem causing people and not disclose my secrets to everyone. Infact he behaves like a well wisher. He even said to me that when I admire him, he gets encouraged. One more thing, he told me that I am very expressive and he is not. He even said that reality is sometimes not what it seems and infact reality is what is never shown. Why the guy likes to talk to me, care for me after when he rejected my marriage proposal? Does he have any hidden feelings for me too? Should I give him some time?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is an idiot, or he is hiding something like being with another woman. Probably the latter.

• i was very ill few months ago. And there was no one to take me to hospital. I told him I am having 105 fever. He searched my doctor friend on Facebook and messaged her, "I saw few of Mano's posts and it seems she is not taking any medicine. Can you please provide her some medicine or take her to hospital? You are her friend and a doctor. Thankyou." Why would he care that much? dont you think there had been something from his side as well?

• That's what he said to me always "I am an Ocean that is quite but very deep inside", "Reality is never what it appears. It might be hidden." and also he said, "I always kept a distance taking care of you. You are very sensitive. You could have never handled me otherwise."

• Sounds like for whatever reason he wants you to stay away. Why he doesn't just tell the truth I don't know.

What Guys Said 1

• Everything you've heard about men was a lie. Start with that, and you might start to learn things in time.

What Girls Said 1

• "I heard men are not very expressive."

I've heard it too. It's a lie. Anyway, it seems to me that he's a very good friend, considers you as such, and wants to keep it that way.

Or his quote " reality is sometimes not what it seems and in fact reality is what is never shown" could be taken to mean that he does have feelings for you (that he doesn't show) even though in reality he seems to not have any deeper feelings.

He needs to be clearer though. So you should ask him point blank if the two of you will ever become something more.

• Would you care if a family member is sick? It's called love and there are different kinds. Friends can love each other and care if a friend gets sick. Not only lovers.

He went above and beyond for you, it seems. It shows that he cares clearly. HOW much depends on what he says when he asks you. He may be interested in you. Why not ask him?