Facebook/ Social Media / Rejection Disaster?

So in high school I had a crush on this guy, very quiet and mysterious. At the time he was taken, no kids and in a higher grade.
Flash forward four years, he adds me on social media, Instagram and then on Facebook,He requested me and I accepted it in a friendly way but then looking at his pictures started developing a crush which maybe I shouldn't have. He now has a daughter, and he's single.
I then liked two of his photos and then he deactivated his Facebook account. So maybe he thinks that he sent a message "i added her so she must think im interested" and he took it upon himself to delete his Facebook. He didn't delete me on Instagram tho. Either way, my ego, is destroyed. Im so embarrassed. I decided to show interest and its like he slapped me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt that you are that important that he decided to delete his Facebook just because of you.

• I mean im not sure if it was about me that he deleted it, but he did it within a four hour time frame and im assuming it had to do with that

• Well if he really wanted to avoid you all he had to do was unfriend you or block you or something

• Yes that's very true, but maybe he didn't want to hurt my feelings and deleted the entire thing? Or maybe he doesn't know how to block someone?

What Guys Said 2

• you don't even know if he deactivated because of you, don't let an assumption make you feel like shit. try talking to him? you did make a new friend after all so you are warranted to the casual conversation.

• Yea that's what I thought too. Maybe I'm just overthinking it

• you are overthinking. just let it go.

• He deleted his Facebook account exactly because of that?

• Well, then you will only hurt yourself by contemplating the worst possible scenario which will seem like the truth to you the more time you spend thinking about it and you eventually start to believe it to be true and what's worse, you will not believe any other possibility.

OR

You could contact him, make some small talk, ask him how he is doing and how his little girl and skip all of which I mentioned above?

Which one does sound more appealing to you?

• Trust me the second one sounds more appealing

What Girls Said 0