Is sushi good what kind do you get?

im going on a date Friday at a sushi place im more nervous for the sushi than the date itself. is it good? and what types do you usually get if you eat sushi? and do they serve fried rice at sushi places???

Most Helpful Guy

• ohhhh its sooo good :D

if its your first time eating sushi everyone always suggests the california rolls. they're just the most universally likeable. you may want to stay away from the raw fish because its a bit more of an acquired taste. miso soup is obviously delicious, and a spider roll is basically deep fried soft shell crab in a roll which is one of my favorites. Inari is this sort of sweet rice pocket thing that is also good for beginners, cause its very simple and tasty. Tastes a bit like honey. and of course sushi newbies always order teriyaki chicken or something cause its more what they are used to. usually the rice is white. cucumber rolls are also a plain universally likeable dish. none of these are really an acquired taste.

the big thing is to figure out which things you like in your sushi, and pick the rolls that have those things. often they will have house specials, which are their own creations. my favorite roll right now is called a "sunset roll" which is a california roll topped with spicy tuna drizzled in this sweet sauce and spicy mayo. soooo good.

if you do feel adventurous, here are some fun things to try. unagi is fresh water eel, and it tastes a bit like bbq chicken. its less of an acquired taste than it sounds. i used to hate spicy tuna rolls cause the texture of raw fish is not so pleasant, kind of slimy, and the place i used to get sushi from as a kid didn't make good ones. so if you're going to try it, go with someone who knows the place and has eaten there before. to me, only some places do a good spicy tuna roll, and i still dont like salmon rolls that much.

What Girls Said 8

• Fuckin' delicious dude!

If it's authentic Japanese, no they don't serve fried rice.. and you will look like a dolt if you order it even if they do lol

If you want to have other things to eat that aren't sushi just in case you don't like it, I'd suggest you order some tempura.

I'm a huge fan of salmon sashimi, unagi and salmon and avocado rolls.

• My favourite are salmon-tuna futomaki and unagi making or nigiri.

There are some good sushi places where I live and I make my own at home when I have spare time.

• Fried rice is more common in chinese restaurants. Never seen it at a japanese place. So don't ask for it.

I like my sushi real simple - salmon or otoro nigiri is my favorite. For beginners, sushi places have a lot of non-raw fish options. California roll, spicy tuna, hamachi, etc. You can always ask the server what is good or popular with customers.

Oh, and vegetable tempura as a side is delicious!

• I LOVE sushi. I like the eel roll, crunchy lobster roll, rainbow roll. Not a fan of spicy rolls.

• Sushi is yum. I usually get avocado/cucumber.

• It's amazing. I prefer the plain salmon ones the most but the unagi (eel) is great too! I love the spicy rolls as well.

• Ewe. Its raw fish rapped in rice.

• I HATE sushi. Sashimi is even nastier. Give up on the sushi and eat some pizza instead, dude.

What Guys Said 5

• Usually Japanese restaurants offer a variety of foods, so you don't necessarily need to settle for the raw fish. California rolls are a great alternative that take the form of a sushi roll but don't actually contain raw fish.

I personally love sushi. Salmon, Red Snapper, and Spicy Tuna are my favorites in terms of fish, whereas the best overall sushi plate (in my opinion) is the Dragon Roll.

www.sushiasano.com/.../Green-Dragon-Roll.jpg

• Why are you going for sushi when you do not even know what it is?
    Hell, even the people posting do not know what sushi is.
    IT IS NOT A ROLL!!!
    Ok, i am gessing your date likes this, and you have no idea what to do.
    Easy answer. Go to a sushi restaurant first, and ask lots of questions..
    That way when you go on your date you know what kind of food you are eating..
    ps. Do not ask for fried rice..
    ps ps. Ask if they have shrimp tempura!!
    Trust me, you will like it ( if you like shrimp) and impress your girl !!!

• Yes, technically "sushi" in the strict sense is raw fish served on a bed of rice, while sashimi is raw fish served on its own... however, virtually all sushi places serve maki rolls, which are the most common type of sushi-like food item they sell. When it comes to popular culture, it's pretty standard to refer to any fish-based Japanese restaurant as a sushi restaurant and their items as sushi.

Sushi, in north American culture, doesn't just mean "sushi" in the strict sense - it more or less simply refers to the type of cuisine. I think most people know that.

• Cali rolls bro!
    or rainbow rolls...

• Yeah it's pretty good

• I like California maki... if that's classified as sushi. I also LOVE vegetable tempura. Sushi places in the US usually serve a wide variety of things.