I really hate the Avengers but I told him I would see the movie with him?

I dislike superheroes but I agreed to go on a date with a guy. He wants to go see the Avengers (movie premiere) and I mentioned that I didn't like superheroes and he sounded dissapointed so then I said jk but I feel like I made a huge mistake because I realy hate these movies. I feel like I;m not going to be able to enjoy myself and ruin the first date. Any advice please??

Most Helpful Guy

• I think your relationship is already doomed.

I cannot even imagine a human being who "hates superheroes".

• I don't hate all superheroes. I like the powerpuff girls... and I really enjoyed guardians of the galaxy.(No superheroes but still Marvel related) I just don't care about iron man, or thor, or anyone in the avengers.

• Maybe I should read into it at least. Yea also didn't care for Cap. America. Now if it were x-men I'd be excited but nah Avengers is just not for me

• Okay, it's not that bad then. We all have preferences

I mostly was interested in the Avengers because 1.) my girlfriend made me watch it (haha) and 2.) because Iron Man is actually interesting! I like his dialogue.

You're right though, I don't really care about the others. Fuck yeah WOLVERINE OH YEAH

He's so badass there was an entire animated series where he was the protagonist.

What Guys Said 6

• ask him to choose a different movie or recommend another one, honestly if I really wanted to date you I wouldn't mind changing it. im more interested in you than the damn movie.

• when I went on my first date with my last girlfriend we went to see a movie, we barely watched it, we were both to focus on trying to subtlety hold hands and cuddle and stuff, trust me he may love the film series but he will be thinking about getting closer to you

• If you like him you'll have a good time regardless of the movie. I've watched more chick flicks in the last year with my GF than I'd care to admit, lol

• maybe tell him 'i have to tell the truth, i really hate the avengers, i just agreed to go, coz i wanted to be with you'
    that'll make him feel guilty and he'll say 'oh ok bb, lets do what you want'
    easy:D

• I hate super heros too but I still enjoy the movies cause I think its cool. Just try and find something about it thats cool.

• It's called compromise. If he cares, he will do something you like, but he doesn't... When you get married, it's much worse...

What Girls Said 4

• You shouldn't pretend you like something that you don't - unless you tell him the truth, he's gonna expect you to want to see all the superhero movies with him. If you guys were already dating, I'd say you should suck it up and watch something he likes that you don't once in a while, as I'm sure he does it for you sometimes.. but since this is a first date it should be something you'll both enjoy.

Is there another movie that is out that you would prefer to see? If so, suggest it to him and apologize for saying you were joking about not liking Avengers and admit that you actually don't want to see it.

• I went to go see the amazing spider man 2 on my first date with my boyfriend. I hate spider man and did not want to see it, but he made the effort to invite me out and pay for me, so that I could have fun with him Just suck it up lol It's just a movie. You're putting yourself in a negative mindset, so you want the relationship to end before it even starts?

ps I later told him, that I didn't like Spider-man once and my boyfriend just hung his head in shame. Point is, our first date was still fun ^^

What do you have against superheros? The avengers movies aren't my cup of tea. Although, I'm not going to get into why Hollywood ruins comic book movies.

mrwgifs.com/.../Fabulous-Thor-Meme-Gif.gif

• tell him the truth. but you still go just talk to him and get to know him forget the movie.

• I don't think you will ruin anything, it just shows that you really are interested in him since you're gonna sit through a whole movie you dislike.