Who's more picky about looks?

Who do think is more picky about looks guys or girls? I feel like knowing this will help me decide on the type of girls to pursue. Just give your opinion on who you think is more picky.

• guys are more picky about looks
  • girls are more picky about looks

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it has nothing to do with sex or gender but with the individual people's character. Picky people generally tend to date other picky people and people who don't care so much about it also tend to find partners who are more easy-going about it.
    Also, I personally believe that being very picky about looks is also a little immature. When we were teenagers, my best friend I used to think only skinny girls can be hot but then my best friend had a short relationship with a very overweight girl. Thing is: she was still pretty despite being fat and he keeps telling me up until today that he's never before or after had such awesome sex as with her. A little later I also ended up having an overweight girl as my girlfriend (by chance though, I didn't look for it). I still get a smile on my face when I think about her... she was a very cute and generally great person. I also always thought I'm only attracted to girls with blond hair and blue eyes... well guess what, I'm dating an Asian girl now. I've learned that looks really don't matter much. The only way that I'm being picky is that I'm only interested in girls whose looks show me that they will fit to me in terms of personality. For example, I would never try to hook up with a girl who looks like she puts a lot of work into how she looks - because those types of girls tend to be superficial people and I hate superficial people.

What Girls Said 8

• Why do I think that guys are more picky... Maybe because of the way I hear boys talk about other girls. I mean the girl is great, but noo she has a big nose, or noo she has a weird look, or a weird mouth. Or the typical "mmm pretty? I don't know... "like seriously? She is great!!

• Is this majority of guys or a specific type? And guys don't go crazy over celebrities as often as females. Hence the creation of boybands. Just some food for thought but I see your point. 😊

• Yes but I just don't feel that kind of chemistry with her. But if she was interested in me I would try it. I just value her friendship more than my desire to date her.

• Understandable...

• Men are. They want the perfect gf.

Nice legs, nice ass, fit, nice hair, nice face, nice breasts, nice over all body, nice personality

• I dont, I'm actually picky about personality. I have to click with someone and not feel nervouse around them. Maybe I'm just different though 😁

• Yeah I think you are ;(

• Guys, only because I feel like there's a lot of unnattractive girls at my school who are single, however most of the guys who are unnattractive have girlfriends. I don't know, I might be wrong

• I feel girls are but I'm not sure :/

• I think guys are a tad more picky but women can be just as picky. It depends on the person.

• honestly both can be picky but i think guys are from what i've seen. Girls will go out with a guy even if he isn't too attractive or has a belly or something but a lot of guys, like at my school, only date girls who are somewhat pretty

• i think guys are

• I feel guys are more picky

What Guys Said 5

• Generally guys are.

• Why or how? Just curious

• They just are. Genetically and logically, it makes sense since the guy approaches the girl first, and really what do you have to go off at that point, other than looks?

• Girls by far. If you don't look like channing Tatum or fuckin brad Pitt you might as well not even exist

• It seems like girls are but then again there are girls who don't really care THAT much about looks and care more about other important things. Guys are picky to a certain extent. They say they won't date a fat girl or have certain standards but their actions say something entirely different. I say who the fuck cares about what other like to pick and choose about you just as long as you are happy with yourself. Be the best version of yourself and you will experience true happiness.

• When it comes to speed dating, a recent study shows that women are the pickier sex:

A recent study into speed dating habits concluded that if men and women go to an evening and have 22 separate dates, men are keen to see about five women again, while women would only choose to see two again, on average. …

The research was done by economists Michele Belot from the University of Edinburgh and her colleague Marco Francesconi from the University of Essex, who collected data from 84 speed dating events involving 3,600 people in the UK. …

But why are men less fussy?

“This is something that evolutionary psychologists and biologists do recognise,” says Belot. “We know that across a whole range of behaviours women tend to take fewer risks.

“They relate this to the fact that making mistakes are much more costly for women than for men because of childbearing. So obviously if you make a mistake in dating the wrong man and having a relationship with the wrong man, you might have nine months carrying a child, then caring for a child. While for men, the costs are lower."

There seems to be a woman for every man based on fetish whether that be old or young, thin or BBW, large or small breast you name it. But for women it seems they all like Tall, Dark features, V shaped torso and muscular... Just my $.02

• We both are and we all lie and say personality is more important. Physical attraction is what attracts you to someone in the first place... and if they're a hot person with a regular personality you get all dreamy eyed and think they're better than they actually are.

• Not true there are girls I find physically attractive and then there are the girls I like. It sounds bad but I can tell they are not as attractive physically but they are a wonderful person and that's what I like.

• It's not not true, you're just mentioning the flip side of the coin for arguments sake. There will always exceptions to the rule.. or will there? lol. Nobody likes to think they're part of the majority.