Is it cheating if you're dating someone and?

Not yet on boyfriend and girlfriend status. Just testing the waters to see if you fit.

and you have sex with a friends with benefits . Is it cheating?

• Cheating
  • Not cheating

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people don't communicate their status well. This is why you need to talk to them about what they expect out of you. It really doesn't matter if you feel it is cheating or not. It matters if the other person sees it as cheating. The only way to know that is to talk to them. Otherwise you risk hurting someone that you might have had a chance of having a good relationship with.

What Guys Said 6

• On your future spouse, yes. On your current date? That's iffy. I'd say technically no. But that doesn't mean it's okay.

• I don't think it's cheating as no commitment has been made. But if I were the second party ( other person testing the water ) and I found out that the other person that was testing the water was sleeping around I would be so done with them.

• Like others it depends on level of relationship, but if the relationship gets more serious it needs to stop completely and never happen after that (obviously)

• I guess if its well communicated that you guys are not official/exclusive it's not cheating. I'd avoid that situation anyway, to be safe.

• it depends on exact nature of dating , if you haven't agreed to be exclusive yet and very casual I wouldn't say its cheating at this stage as your not in a relationship yet. its still kind of iffy and such

• What if I don't even bring it up? We're fancying each other only

• Oh boy girls like you make me nervous about dating

• What? hahah am i a horrible person

What Girls Said 1

• It depends on how serious you are about each other. Think about how that person would react if they found out you had sex with someone else. They probably would have the same reaction if the two of you were in a relationship. Also think about how you would react if they did the same thing to you. If you are don't see the relationship going anywhere then by all means, do whatever you want. But if you see yourself building something with this person then sleeping with other people at the beginning of your relationship may not be a good start. So unless the two of you have made it clear that you are testing out the waters and he/she wouldn't be surprised and hurt that you are sleeping with someone else then its not cheating.