I'm wondering why I'm not invited?

So my bf of 4 years said on Sunday he is going out with his mom just him and her. I usually go with him but I wasn't invited this time. He said he wanted one on one time with his mom. I heard of father son time to do hit things but why wouldn't I be invited when it is his mom. Why can't he spend time with her with me there? I wonder if he is complaining about me. He is 27 almost 28 by the way.

Guy things**
I just feel hurt that he doesn't want to include me on Sunday like he is choosing his mom over me. We haven't had true alone time in a while and we are both off Sunday and then I find out he would rather be with his mom but he is going to leave me out which he never does its just odd that he is dissing me like that. I think I'm just feeling hurt.

Most Helpful Girl

• He just wants to spend time with his mom. You don't need to be with them every single time. Maybe he's buying something for you and doesn't want you to see it, but he wants his mom's opinion. Or he just wants to be with her. Don't worry about it.

• I get he wants to be with her but howcome he wants to exclude me?

• Well we already don't see each other a lot as it is

• Why not take the time that he is gone to plan a great date for the next time you see each other, and surprise him with it?

What Guys Said 3

• May be shopping for something special for you! Ring, maybe? Think positive.

• I think he is wanting spend time with his mother
    lot of guys do this stuff with going to dinner with mom
    or taking their mother out for dinner just like fathers do things
    with their daughters.

• Sometimes a guy just wants to spend time with his mom. His mom's not there every time he's with you so why do you have to be there every time he's with her

• I just don't understand why he doesn't want me there. Usually its the mothers who are requesting the girls not be there not the boyfriends. Is my guy a big mommas boy?

• Well even if his mom doesn't trust me I would hope my bf would trust me to tell me what was going on

• Yeah. If it's really bothering you it might be best just to ask him why he doesn't want you to come. He probably doesn't realize that not inviting you hurt your feelings

What Girls Said 4

• You're sounding REAAALLY clingy. Maybe he just wants to spend time with his mom?

• I get that but why wouldn't he want me there? Usually its the moms that request that not the bfs

• that's called paranoia. you want attention so much and he wants some break. it's good to diverse your attention to something and something and make something good out of it.

• hjguuuuuuuuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• You're gonna have to understand that sons and mothers have this inseparable bond thing going on. A man's mother is always the first love of his life (please don't get that wrong). He's the girl he seeks advice from and the girl who is always open to whatever he has to say and will always accept him for who is.

This thing doesn't apply to moms and their sons only. It also applies to us girls like how we are called "daddy's little girl" and how we look up to our fathers.

• Well I always accept him for who he is too... And he gets advice from me

• don't expect anything when i say this okay? When I was little my dad and I once went to my grandma's place so he could talk to her. I asked my dad, "why not talk to mom?" and he replied, "I can't talk about her with her."

No, your bf is not backbiting you with his mother.