18 year old girl dating a 42 year old man?

There's this guy that I really like. But the problem is that I'm 18 and he's already 42..
He's sweet to me but sometimes he seems to be creepy because he said that "he wants to be like a daddy, lover and friend" for me.
I don't know it just seems weird but otherwise than that I love talking to him..
I haven't met him yet and to be honest I'm kind of scared to meet him.

• He's dangerous/ a pedo/ a creep
  • Go ahead and date him
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• this is going to sound negative but older people and younger people have a lot of difficulty finding things in common. you guys have a huge age gap between you two and there is probably a huge difference in maturity level. as far as being a young girl amd being attracted to older men i have been in the same boat. i literally thought i was in love with a 32 year old man and if he asked me to do anything i literally would have probably moved a mountain. now I've moved on amd because he's a good guy nothing ever happened but you need to be careful amd truly figure out his intentions because it is some older guys sexual fantassy to sleep with a barely legal teen. some guys just want to live out that fantasy one more time. be careful amd definitely ask for more advice

• Thank you so much. This was really helpful!❤️

What Guys Said 13

• Look for all intent and purposes you are an adult (18) which in most all areas is the age of consent, in the sense that you are no longer considered a minor. To be sure you are a young adult, but an adult none the less, so in this sense if you really feel like you want to date him I suppose you could without any significant legal ramifications. The question you might want to ask yourself, is how much do you REALLY have in common with this guy. I can appreciate that you like him, and that you enjoy talking to him, and he is more than likely more mature than most of your peer group, however you may wish to consider that you both come from very different generations with very different ideas about, well pretty much everything. This isn't so say you couldn't make it work. I must confess the Daddy comment in my opinion was rather creepy, especially considering I have a daughter who is 18. Does this mean if I were single I would reject a young lady such as yourself? No, but I would proceed with caution, not because anything bad would happen, just I would be surprised to see any young woman within that age group take an interest in me, which in turn would make me a little suspicious. Again I'm not saying it's impossible for such a relationship to work, just somewhat unlikely is all. If you are truly interested I would advise you to take your time and not rush into anything, as a plus as he is an older man he may very well be patient enough to both understand and wait until the nature of your relationship can grow.

• I'm sorry, but I couldn't have sex with a woman that says to me "I wanna be your mommy", like whaaaaat? I've never understood why people say this type of things to their lovers/partners or whatever.

You said you haven't met him, so thinks don't sound too good, I wouldn't trust him if I were you, it seems like he's saying what you wanna hear for whatever purposes he wants with you.

• Haven't even met the guy yet and says he wants to be your daddy, lover, and friend...

Well, sounds good to me. Go for it

• I'm not that age yet, but I could never date someone young enough to be my own offspring.

• Do you really have anything in common with him? It can sometimes work out with that much difference (or more) but the Daddy comment would seem to be a big put-off.

• Trust your gut. If a sugar daddy/sugar baby relationship is appealing, go for it.

• father or a friend would cheat
    but if you want to be the love affair
    My advice to learn before a diagnosis

• you got to go after someone a lot younger then that. he might have a kid your age.

• As long as he has good intentions it's ok.

• Usually I say age difference doesn't matter but that's a big gap.. I think its weird and probably wouldn't work

• Legal, though probably immoral

• I'm not trying to be mean but I highly doubt that he wants anything besides sex from you.

• Ok seriously do you want to meet a 42 year old man (Who is a pedophile) and is a stranger remember strange=danger

• How is he a pedo when she's 18?

• She might legally be an adult but she's still in her teens and stranger=danger

What Girls Said 10

• If you're scared to meet him, that's your instincts talking. If he seems creepy and you haven't even met him yet, you need to run!

• Ehh this is probably the most strangest advice i ever got but umm..

Look hunny I'm not going to call him a pedo but you have to admit there isn't something quite right about this...

I mean lets think about it... He is 42 and he wasn't able to find someone his own age? He is 42 with no children? And how do you think your friends feel about this (i mean the good friends that are willing to tell you things you might not want to hear but it's the truth).

Are you comfortable dating, socializing and even bieng "close" with a guy thats 42?

I mean i know age difference, i mean i agree with older guys like 2years maybe even 3 but he is 42, don't you think you taken it from one extreme?

Things like this is why people find it wrong to date on the internet, you a sweet girl finds this guy and now you're thinking of a relationship with him? People blaming sites like this but it is really the user fault, people like you make the choice just don't run away and pretend you didn't know what it would lead up to...

I mean come on hunny.. No kids, no friends to talk to him about this, no family to reject this ((and i don't mean like a mom, more of a brother or sister, or hell a cousin...)).. because deep down I'm sorry to say but i feel like HE should have told you from the start.
    No.. If he really loves you.

Then no.

• Well obviously break it off before you get hurt, start being a mature adult.

• it is just,... wrong...
    sorry...
    he is old enough to be your father. i don't mean to be rude, but what do you see in him?

• May I ask why?

• No. It's not about age, it's the fact that you haven't met this man and therefore you actually know nothing about him. Trust your gut, break it off.

• tell a friend or someone where you are going when meeting him just in case but meet him in person first to see if you actually love him and everything he does or how he does things , meet him first then what ever you feel, go with it

• A pedophile is somebody that's attracted to children who haven't went through puberty yet o. O

If you really love him and he loves you then I see no problem...

• When you get raped blame yourself.

• Sounds like my father. He goes for younger girls because they're still maturing and are new to love then uses them for their money for his drugs and God knows what else. Don't fall for that trap. Trust me my dads ex wife did and she didn't believe me and my mom and my sister and her mom but then she did when the FBI busted down her front door and arrested my dad.