Horses? Really?

So I was dating a bmx guy. He was very nice to me and it all was going very well until he found out that I have a horse. One day I went with him to a local skatepark and then my friend that I know from stables came to me and said something about show-jumping competition last week. I told my boyfriend that I have to go, he was ok with it. Next day he texted me that he won't date me anymore because of the horse. Can you explain me if he really is so upset about that I own the horse or there is something else he isn't telling me?

Most Helpful Guy

• "horse people" tend to be snobby and selfish.

• So not true. Horse people tend to be responsible because owning a horse is a big responsibility

• I guess so

• just like downvotes from wankers, that's life.

What Guys Said 6

• its a lame excuse but im betting the real excuse is he just has a feeling you two won't be a good fit.

• No, I get it. Horse people can be irritating, always talking about their horse and responsibility, and blah blah blah. Some people just aren't horse people people.

• Before my friend told me about competition he didn't even know I have a horse. I never talked him about horses

• Maybe he's fallen for the tale that what horse loving girls look for in a man is a big dumb animal they can lead around on a rope. That could have scared him off.

More likely he just got the feeling you two weren't a match.

• thats very weak of him 😒 i think that he has a different reason, but he is blaming your horse because he can't tell it to you. you have to move on

• Oh god... this guy watches too much p*rn i guess... don't get me wrong but this sick bastard thinks maybe you **** the horse or something... I am telling you he... is thinking like that... Other wise why would he breakup with you?
    I would have no problem if you own a horse... absolutely not...

Just move on... He is a prick...

• That sounds quite odd to me.

Two possible explanations occur to me:

1. Perhaps he think's your upper class or snobby or something that people tend to associate with horse ownership.

2. It could be an animal rights objection possibly... I mean some people object to the idea of animals being kept or view as property. (I guess you'd know whether this applies to him, it probably doesn't.)

Sorry I can't really think of anything else, if that was the reason it does seem pretty bizarre.

What Girls Said 1

• I have no idea honestly. I own a horse too. So many guys have left me because of my horse. They think I spend to much time at the barn and doing shows and not enough time with them. Guys are weird😂