Advice For an Extremely Shy Girl?

I've always been a very shy person and now being eighteen, its starting to depress me. I'm still in high school and although I have come out of my shell a little more in the past few years, I'm still really shy. I can't talk to guys without embarassing myself because i'm not only really shy but im also very anxious. When I talk to people, I easily start to panic internally and I unwillingly shake, twitch, and tense up. It's the most embarassing part because I feel like it makes people uncomfortable and brings down my confidence considerably. Lately, I've also felt very boaring to the people that I can actually manage to talk to and it has made this whole situation of mine ten times worse. I'm starting to feel like I have nothing to offer. I'm smart and very nice to people and kind of pretty and I easily see other's perspective on anything and always try to understand where they come from rather than judging a book by its cover. I like to give without expecting back from my friends and family. I'm really not dissatisfied with anything in my life and not a lot of things annoy or bother me. I'm just very chill about everything.The only thing that I seem to not like is myself. To me, this all seems like it would be something that people would find desireable in a girl. When I hear guys complaining about how every girl is the same because they complain about everything and are always angry it makes me mad because its just not true. I just don't know how to go about being this way and I want some true genuine advice on this because I'm feeling very down about it. Thank you very much :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you need to give yourself a break. It sounds like you're being very hard on yourself. A lot of people are shy/nervous, so don't think you're the only one. Also, you're still young, growing up and finding out who you are. I would try to take things a little lighter... I used to be just like you.. very nervous, but a very considerate person. But then you realize, not all people deserve your kindness! Stand up for yourself more!! and try to do something new and exciting that you like, not to try to just meet guys.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I would say i'm the same as you are i don't have many friends and i feel insecure about myself but i try to surpass myself , the thing is don't try to change yourself , like yourself for what you are and show people who you are and definitly They will respect you

• I'm the same way and I don't really know what to do. :/ actually, you sound exactly like me. One thing I've been trying though is to just do little things here and there that put my out of my comfort zone like saying hi to a new person or simply things like going out and ordering food. I think it's helping but I'm not too sure. Maybe we'll get there together, along with all the other shy people. :)

• I was the same way. I ended up with a job working with the public and it helped me not to be as shy. It was so scary at first. Than I realized that some people are really nice and I got to talk to guys. See a doctor, maybe they can help with your social anxiety. Meds or therapy. Or try getting a public job.