When is the best age to start dating?

i was just curious as to when you started dating and if you think that it was a good age to start. if you don't think it was a good age tell me age you would have preferred thanks!??

Most Helpful Guy

• It really just depends on the individual. There is no right or wrong age to start dating.

I personally am 18 and I'm only really just starting to try my hand at dating. Not because I'm a loser or I'm "gay" (lol) or because I don't have any friends, but I had my own set of ideas in my head about when I wanted to begin dating.

I don't think you can really have a "true" relationship until you are 16 or so, because before that you don't truly know what a relationship is about. Yes everybody seems to have a little crush "boyfriend or girlfriend" from the time they're about 12, but how often have you heard of a couple getting married 12 years after they first dated in middle school? Not that it never happens, but usually couples either first met when they were veryy young and have been together all their lives, or they met in highschool or college and started dating then.

But again, its really purely down to personal preference! If you are ready, then start dating, if not, be happy and confident in yourself while single and start dating when you feel like you're ready!

What Guys Said 5

• Disregard any notions in regards to dating when you 'feel' ready. Acting on feelings is what gets girls like you in trouble in the first place. I would recommend 18+, but I would consult an older person whom you trust (like a parent or close relative). Ask them if they think you are mature enough to have a healthy relationship with someone. Moreover, the maturity factor is a big issue in filtering out all the scumbags who are out to use and abuse you. Boys your age really are scumbags, so please stay away from them at all costs!

-CountD.

• Well apart from the fact that there is no "best age" I would say as early as possible... ;)

"When you feel ready" might be appropriate, too.

Real dating begins as soon as the guys are out of puberty. As it is only then that they really care for a girl for more than just their boobs...

• i started dating when I was 13..mainly for the reason that before that I was a complete loser. I don't know when people should start dating, because HS has way 2 much drama and heartbreak and all that crap..but its good to learn to deal with that stuff when your young so sometime in HS

• I think at 18 because before then they're typically too naive and immature to know how to handle what goes along with a relationship. Teenagers are more emotionally unstable than adults and I don't think they're ready for that.

• i started dating young around 12 or 13 and really no it was a waste of my time cause people are just so immature and really I wish I didn't start dateing till next year when I turn 18 but I think I found the one for me now so I guess it all works out sooner or later

What Girls Said 0