Is it weird for a guy who is 18 to be dating a mature girl who is 15?

I would like to know this for a fact..

Most Helpful Guy

• >Define weird

Even in a social context it depends on how your social group feel about intimacy between someone who can give legal consent and a minor.

Does maturity even play into the situation? Given 'maturity' is not quantifiable, unlike age of consent.

Should you take into consideration the 'maturity' of the 'adult' male here?

Is there a level of 'maturity' you must be at to date regardless of gender/sexual orientation/age?

Should the older partner worry about legal implications?

Does the older partner technically have ephebophilia?

Are there social reasons why both don't seek out partners in their own age group?

No, it's not by my own (personal) definition 'weird', but personal preferences don't hold up in court.

What Girls Said 4

• It's a small age gap, so it's more a matter of opinion, than fact, I think.

I think the 15 year old me would've had no problem dating an 18 year old...
    But, I wouldn't be ok with my 15 year old daughter dating an 18 year old.
    If my 18 year old son tried to bring home a 15 year old GF, I'd have an issue with that... My adult son dating a kid. Kinda weird to me.

• Age gaps are fine when you're of legal age, in my opinion. My own parents are 11 years apart, believe it or not! But since the girl is 15.. seems kinda shady.

• 1. No its not weird 2. But it is illegal.

• She'so too young and yes it's weird.

What Guys Said 5

• It's not weird but depending on where you live it may be illegal for you to have sex with her. If you are thinking of having sex with her anytime soon, be sure to check out the local laws. They are pretty crazy in some places. If you are prosecuted for unlawful sexual intercourse your life may be ruined.

• Yeah it's weird. Don't try and make it seem ok by saying she's "mature", we all know she isn't.

She's a 15 year old girl, she's two years removed from eating animal crackers for dinner. Get a girl your own age bruh.

• It's not too weird. However, legally he's not allowed to be with her. What do you mean, mature girl who is 15? She's not fully mature, neither physically nor mentally until she's older.

• Eh the age isn't that high. Just as long as they are happy together.

Its weird only if you make it weird.. HAHA

• You can't help who you fall in love with.
    it's just the won't see it that way.