What does ":)" Mean?

Bad grammar alert

When i text my crush, it always end up in something like this.

Me: I need to go, i will text you later ;)

Her: Okay :)

What does that smiley mean? She uses it a lot. And i just dont know what it does mean.
Almost every time i use a winky face or ":D" that thing, She use ":)" And i'm just sitting there like wtf, not more?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmmm... I would use lots of smileys, if I wasn't interested, especially since you flirt a lot. To me ";)" is flirting, unless the guy is telling a joke. If I liked a guy, I would have flirted back... Unless she's shy... Or doesn't want to express her interest, because she's interested in someone else. I either like someone, or I don't, so I can't explain or analyse another girl's confusing behaviour, unless she plays hard to get... Which STILL requires a level of interest & flirtation to an extent. The only way to ever tell what her intentions are, is if the two of you hang out regularly... If it's an online thing, I can't help you, because I find it to be a complete waste of time.

What Girls Said 4

• It means she wants to murder you. That's why she's using that smiley.
    It's her psycho face.
    No, I am joking.
    ... Or not?

Anyway, it's a way of showing content.

• It means her/his mouth turned upwards

• hahaaa I hate smiley faces myself and as a girl I use them when I'm mad at you, don't wanna talk to you or to say ''okay go, but you know the best option for you would be to stay here and talk to me"

• So she dont wanna talk with me? T-T

• eihter she does ( you can tell this by the kind of her responses : showing interest ) or she doesn't. This is when she responds to you with short and brief texts and especially after a long while form your last text !

• A smiley means she is expressing happiness in her message to you..

What Guys Said 3

• A smiley face! :( means sad, :D means laughing,
    3:) =Devil
    <3 = Heart

• It a smiley face with the two dots representing the eyes and bracket as the lips.

• Smiley face, made me smile for some reason. lol