Guys, what do you think of girls with non-girly/nerdy interests?

Is it not appealing for girls to be too into too much nerdy stuff? For instance, I really like lord of the rings, start trek, and doctor who, and I also like a lot of violent/action movies and beer. Is it not appealing to have a lot of these types of interests?

9

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't believe in masculine/feminine interests. You like these things or you don't, there's no boy-ishness about the things you mentioned. On the contrary, I'd say the vast majority of people want to end the boys-club attitude present in these fields.

I think most guys want partners (Or friends, whatever.) with similar or shared interests. You cannot go wrong being in these spaces and meeting people with whom you share common ground.

What Guys Said 8

• Well, if I or most of my single guy friends found a woman like that our first question would probably be; Are you free Saturday night? ;)

Most women turn up their noses at those interests and typically don't like guys with those interests. Finding a woman like that is a real keeper! Guys that aren't really into nerd stuff might not be AS excited about the nerd stuff, but I doubt it would be a deal breaker.

The only thing I would be careful of is when you are pounding beer, some girls might try to act like a guy's friend, with the belching and so on. Keep stuff like that to a minimum for most guys and you will be fine.

A good looking girl like you, who's into all that cool stuff, believe me you won't stay single for long, especially with another nerd ;)

• i love tomboy girls basically that don't give a fuck about fashion and oter girly stufff...

www.smiley-lol.com/.../napoleon1.gif

• Your personality and looks should be feminine. It doesn't really matter whether your hobbies are feminine or masculine.

• I love it when girls are into nerdy stuff. More in common means less arguing over what to do.

• Nerd girls are hot. You shouldn't have any problem finding a boyfriend.

• One word:

- Hot

I find geeks very attractive

• I don't like any of those things, so no.

• As long as she still knows how to be a girl