Why do girls get upset, when the guy does not buy them a drink at the bar?

My friend and I were having a conversation, and we happen to be surrounded by girls. We talked with them for awhile and ordered 2 drinks. We took our drinks and the girls thought we were buying them drinks and were upset. Is this an American thing?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• I don't need a guy to buy me a drink it's a nice gesture though

• This is not an American thing lol I think the girls were just expecting it because you may have been flirting with her. The girls shouldn't have expected it tho.

What Guys Said 3

• If you have manors and were brought up correctly, you would and should have bought a round of drinks that is what men do when they are out and about.

• If you approach a girl at a bar and start talking to her yes you are supposed to buy them drinks.

• We didn't approach the girls. We were sitting. They came to us.

• Yeah those are the girls to stay away from. They purposely go to bars without any money because they know the can get free drinks from guys

• they were just hoping that if they flirt enough than they wouldn't have to pay for any drinks