Should I try to date him?

So there is a boy which is kind of cute. I met him about a month ago and we got on well. He calls me almost every day, we talk a lot. Sometimes he takes me home from school. Once when he was on a party he called me in the middle of night and when one on his friends(female) asked who he was talking to he called me his girlfiend. He is kind of showing interest in me but the thing is that he can't get over a break up which was about a year ago. I think that he loved his ex a lot and he gets depressed every time someone mentions her. He said that it still hurts. So I don't know whether I should try something with him or not. I don't know what to do.What do you think guys ?

What Guys Said 1

• This seems a difficult situation for the guy especially if he is emotionally weak.. I mean yeah he should get over her but he sounds too much obsessed with her ex... And if you get into relationship with him there might be 2 things... He might love you more then her ex or may be he could jusy date you, not love you as he might be loving his ex so badly.. I suggest you wait for some time and during that time you try making him more strong both emotionally as well as mentally.. Because these kind of good guys are really rare to find these days.. You are lucky to find one he is showing interest in you..:)

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like he thinks he wants to move on. But is not sure.

He's feeling held back because he's clearly still in love with her. But he wants to be happy again.

It really depends on how invested you are with him. You might have to deal with a lot if you try to date him with this going on... but then again maybe not.

I don't know. I'm in the same spot as him right now, with another guy, and I'm confused myself... but I hope that helped a little. :)