Would you date someone that has a lot of common with you, or a total opposite?

We are not dating yet but we do flirt with each other a lot and we tease each other in a flirty way and we stare and smile at each other whenever we get a chance and he gives me compliments a lot but we are both not ready and if it happens we let it happen instead of making it happen. I honestly didn't know someone that is different could be so much fun he went out his way to make sure I had the best early birthday and he didn't really had to do that, I always like guys that I had a lot of common with and some reason the connection and bond I had with him was totally different from my crush and we are all friends and I went out with my crush best friend. I did not no I would have such a great time with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• In between

If the dude's too similar, it gets boring
    If the dude's too different, it gets frustrating

• Yes I agree,
      We were opposite but we still had a few things in common. Maybe we were alike I think since his best friend that I had a crush on made it seem like we were so different because we never really had a chance to have fun together.

What Guys Said 5

• I've noticed when I have a lot in common with them they don't like me when we're total opposties they still don't like me I just suck with girls I guess.

• I know how you feel.. Every girl is different and you will find someone, the guy had a crush on we had everything in common but I guess I wasn't his type for looks, but his friend was interested and I'm glad he took me out because I had the chance to bond and get to know him and he had the chance to get to know me as well. Some girls are shy but trust me you will find someone

• I got lucky and you will to soon

• I am not a lucky person I have a lot of bad luck

• If she doesn't have at least somethin in common, what can you talk about? Random things get boring after some time.

• I understand and I agree and nothing really, I tried starting a conversation with someone and it was still bad, but this guy was different which is ok

• I'd have no problem dating either.

• only with someone I have a lot in common. Otherwise I get bored within 30 minutes.

• I usually get bored with people I don't have in common with that's why I'm so shocked because we don't really have that much stuff in common

• She needs to have a lot in common with me but, I wouldn't date the female version of myself. There's got to be some differences

• Yeah I understand the guy I had a crush on was almost male version of me and I was female version of him... We still have fun but For some reason when I was with his best friend it was totally different but in a good way

What Girls Said 5

• I'm best with people I have a lot in common with. If we have little to nothing I'm common, we might be drawn to each other but eventually our difference will pose a threat. It always does. Same with being with someone you have in common with. The goal is to find someone who wants what you want and they want it with you. I've had everything in common with someone but they still wasn't satisfied with me. They needed something else. And vice versa. No two people are the same, no matter how much common they share. So I rather have a lot in common with someone and they have almost identical preference.

• id want someone i have a lot in common with.

• I dated both, but honestly, when you have too much in common it gets quickly boring

• I'm 24 and I never had a bf but I once used to date to guys online but I stoped cause I didn't think I would be able to handle a reletionship but if I dated a guy I would date a guy who had simler interests in music and sports as me but I wouldn't date a guy who was specilneeds like me I would want a guy to be the opposite of me a guy who's not specilneeds

• I think if you have too much in common that you will get bored with each other pretty quickly.
    Also opposites really do attract!

• I understand and maybe that's why it felt so different and I had so much fun and now that I understand I definitely agree about that!