Has a guy or girl ever dated you (and admitted it) because of your looks?

I guy that I am dating, openly admitted that he is dating me for my looks. I was appalled because it was a compliment, but what about my intelligence or personality. He has said that three times now and I still can not get over it.

• Yes, he or she has
  • No, he or she has not
  • No one would ever tell me that

Most Helpful Guy

• That's not surprising for your age! Guys are using their hormones to drive their logic in the teen years. You should take that as a compliment. It's obvious that you're early in your relationship and he went after you for a reason, you look attractive to him! Your good looks are what drew him to you. It's a compliment Hopefully, he'll get to know you better eventually and appreciate your personality, intelligence, etc. It's up to you to show him you're more than just a pretty face.

• It happens with older men, happened to me !

It's not a problem unless it's the only reason.

P.S: wars happened for the sake of a beautiful women, it's proven by science men enjoy just looking at a pretty woman..

• You couldn't have said that any better, ceesa

What Guys Said 5

• Never the girlfriend though I did have one of her friends try to say she was dating me because Id make her popular (no clue, wasn't popular myself) but any relation based off just looks more than likely wouldn't work out as when the looks, in the end, do finally go, personality is all your going to be left with.

• Hey, great question! Boys vs. girls is really interesting. I guess that a lot of girls think that they're not pretty enough to be told that, until they are actually told that. And guys think they are good looking enough to be told that, but most think that they just haven't yet been told that. funny. btw, I voted B :)

• "a lot of girls think that they're not pretty enough to be told that, until they are actually told that." so true

• I would totally date you based on your looks, now you could have said A. Haha

• Guys are initially attracted to girls by their looks, of course. Basically they don't know you yet or anything so you've got to start somewhere. The idea though is that as you spend time together you theoretically find out that there are other reasons that you like each other, in addition to just the looks.

Sounds like he's still at that first level of "Ooh, hot babe!" and thinks that complementing your looks is the same as complementing you. Hopefully this will broaden over time...

• then show him that there's more to you then a pretty face, and figure. Draw a line and see if he responds. Guys like that shouldn't be kept around long if that's all they see. Give it two weeks to see if he only realizes that aspect.

• Well uh.. the thing with me is I get into relationships quickly but they also end quickly. I think the girls go out with me because of my looks and they learn of my sh*tty personality and we end it.

Even though my personality isn't that sh*tty.. I'm just a little straight up with everything. Meh.

What Girls Said 8

• For most people, attraction is a key factor when dating. I know that I just cannot date someone I am not physically attracted to. It's not impossible...I've tried it before but it just didn't work out. If you don't know someone and decide to start dating them...what do you usually go off of? Their looks. I don't think that's shallow unless you refuse to give someone who doesn't look so good a chance or the time of day.

• yea, and he got dumped about thirteen seconds later.

he was lucky he was cute or he would have got his two front teeth knocked out.

:)

• I like how you dumped him because of that but don't you think that you're being a little hypocritical because you would have done him worse if it weren't for the way that HE looks?

• That is a good point

• Lol it was a joke I would never really punch a guy, even if he was the ugliest guy on earth... :)

• I feel ya. my ex used to tell me that all the time but of course all he wasn'ted was to get laid so I dropped him like a year old sack of potatos.

• Yeah, ever guy did but loved me eventually except one, he kept mentioning how he is so attracted to my looks and how he thinks I'm extremely beautiful, it was a turn-off though :-)

• omg the girls of this question! would you rather have ur man say

"i am dateing you because you are sofa king hot"

or

"hey fat as y don't you hit up the gym sometime or at least walk to the mail box, god y are you so ugly y the hell am I dating a ugly girl tat is smart and sh*t you are soo ugly I can barly think of ur personality maybe if I close my eyes."

shiz take a compliment people

• That's not really a compliment if someone is dating you solely for your looks. like your personality and other good qualities don't matter? just your looks? you can be pretty and smart/nice but if the only thing the guy can focus on is your looks, that is not a good thing.

• nope.

• honestly I think most guys do that. I would be offended if the guy was mainly with me because of my looks, that's like saying you're just a piece of ass and I don't see any value in you otherwise. most guys are attracted to looks but to say that that's why you're with me...we would not be together long! I had plenty of guys date me because of my looks but I have learned since then and I am a really good judge of character now so I can usually tell before it even gets to that point

• I say dump him and show him what he never noticed ;P. I don't think I'm cute but a couple of my exbfs told me that I was just a pretty face so I dumped them and showed them how smart and fun I was and then I attracted much better nicer boys ^^.