Guys, why do guys go from texting multiple times a day to not texting for a day at a time?

We met 2 weeks ago and have been on 4 dates since. The first week he text me pretty much constantly throughout the day. And if I text him he replied instantly and would send texts if I didn't reply quickly. The last week though he's been replying to most of my texts but has been taking almost all day to do so. When he does they're not as long as usual. I did see him twice last week and things seem normal. So I can't work out why he's being weird like this. I casually asked him the last time I saw him and he said between having a cold, working overtime, and having to visit his parents this weekend, he was just worn. Which I guess makes sense. But he's not text me since yesterday evening. Am I overreacting to this? Why would he go from constantly texting to not texting for a day?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• He explained the reasons to you as you said, having a cold, working overtime, and having to visit his parents, and he was just worn. When we are in the beginning of a relationship we text a lot, but as time goes on we don't text quite as much typically. This does not mean we don't love you! Texting is more of a random thing to most guys, not something that if we don't do constantly the relationship will fail!

There was an article Someone on this site shared, while the writer is NOT 100% on everything she did have some interesting things to say about texts. For instance in situations like the one you described:

"Sadly, a lot of relationships collapse before they even get off the ground because the girl can’t handle the sudden decrease in daily texts and instead of dealing with it, she lashes out at the guy and demands explanations for every text he doesn’t reply to. The mistake that many make is thinking that the sudden drop in texts means he’s losing interest or doesn’t care. That’s not usually the case, though. Most often, he’s just settling back into his normal routine."

This part is quite accurate and I couldn't have put it better myself.

What Guys Said 3

• because that certain day... they MIGHT be busy?

• Cause it might not be a habit for them. I usually don't text at all in one day.

• He could just be really busy or he doesn't want to seem clingy? Try texting him, he'll like it.