How early to ask someone on a date?

How early should one person ask another on a date? After a few small conversations? After a few hang outs with other people? I usually wait until I've hung out with a girl for a while before I really make a move. I feel like I haven't had any luck with girls because I wait too long because I'm afraid of making them uncomfortable by asking too early. But now I'm thinking I'm waiting too long.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's no such thing as too early. If I like a woman, I'll ask her for her phone number the same day I meet her. You don't want to give her any opportunity to put you in the "friend zone." She needs to know that you're a guy who knows what he wants and goes for it.

What Girls Said 1

• You should ask them out before you get put in the friendzone, but not too early on as to creep them out. Maybe wait a week, and if she seems interested then go for it!

What Guys Said 3

• There are no rules

• Get them somewhat familiar with you before you pull the trigger. If they know you're name and are comfortable in your presence then you have the green light.

• Nothing ventured nothing gained. Just remember, if you find her interesting most likely some other guy will to.