Is it cheating if your technically boyfriend/girlfriend yet?

I have been dating a guy for 8 months and he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet? If i went out and or slept with someone else,would it be considered cheating since we are technically not together?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you've been DATING someone for 8 months, you're together whether you like it or not.

What you did was cheating.

• nothing has happened yet, i was just asked to do something... but I care for the guy im seeing so I haven't.

• Am I understanding this correctly? You've been dating a guy for EIGHT MONTHS and the two of you have NOT had sex?

If that is the case, I think you've more important questions to ask then what you originally posted. . .

CHEERS!

• yes that's correct.8 months and never had sex with him. and I feel the same way you do...

What Guys Said 6

• 8 months is obviously a long time so I'm guessing although labels weren't put down, you guys did mention being exclusive with each other. So yes I'd count it as cheating.

• That is a grey area. Technically since you guys have are not in a relationship its not really cheating? In a different aspect you are in a relationship so yes?

• If you two were dating, then yes. You were cheating.

• if you have to hide it, yes

• You are talking about cheating bub

• So aside from him not calling you his "girlfriend" exactly how is the relationship different from any other relationship? If you're even having to ask if it's cheating it probably means you already know it's cheating and you're looking for someone to excuse what you're about to do.

• okay, you have some validity to your answer. however, how do I know what he isn't or is doing behind my back. i hardly see him or talk to him.

• You shouldn't just assume he's doing something wrong just because you don't see him constantly. You shouldn't cheat on the assumption that you "think" he might also be doing the same thing because if you do it and find out he was faithful then that's gonna look bad on you.

• you have a good point.

What Girls Said 2

• Yes , it would.

• It depends on people. Do I think it's cheating? yes.
    If you think you can't tell him you slept with someone else, you have your answer