Do guys care about an age gap in relationships?

I am 19 and my crush, also a coworker, is 28, we have a lot in common, lots of fun and are very flirty. I have always been told I am
Mature for my age and most people don't think I am 19, he was shocked to find out how old I am and he asked if I had dated older guys before and I told him I have, and it didn't change much, but he won't ask me out. I can't figure out if it's the age gap he is uncomfortable with or that he isn't interested in a relationship. So guys, is age a issue in relationships?

Most Helpful Guy

• Age gap isn't an issue, as long as it's not ridiculous, a sin the case of sugar daddies and stuff.

What Guys Said 4

• I've dated women with that large of an age gap. No big deal.

• Holy cow a 9 year age gap that's not something you see everyday 0_0

Anyway, age doesn't really matter as long as you are both 18+ in my opinion. For example a 19 year old dating a 10 year old would be called disgusting, but a 30 and 39 would be called o. k.

Just my 2 cents.

• Nine years is a huge age gap no matter what. At your age, it's insurmountable. You and a 28-year-old are at completely different stages in your lives.

Also, it's not a good idea to date a coworker, but that's a topic for a different discussion.

• My rule: if she can't legally buy her own alcohol, she's too young. Plus I don't want my career getting ruined when people start saying I'm a loser who can't get a girl his own age, or that I take advantage of naive, young women.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think an age gap really matters unless it's like a 15 year old and a 65 year old. That's weird but when you are both over 18 and like each other then who cares if he's a bit older.

• I'm 15 I like a guy 18... Like we have a thing for eachother

• It definitely seems like the age gap. I have nothing against them at all, my boyfriend is actually 5 years older than me, but I think having this wide of an age gap at such a young age can cause problems. You're basically just starting your adult life, while he's been an adult for a while... I know it sounds stupid when put like that, but I hope you get the point. I'm not saying it can't work, it totally can, you just have to consider where you are in your life and where he is in his life. Maybe that's what's holding him back.

• Age gaps are nothing, love has nothing to do with the age