Do men over 40 care if a woman is overweight?

I'm newly single after a marriage break up. The last time I was single I was not over weight however that was a long time ago. Do men over 40 care or is it more about the connection? Would it stop you from perusing a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think there is a difference between the genders on this issue. People will prefer their partner not being overweight, but it doesn't mean we won't date someone that is overweight. As we get older our physical standards drops to stay aline with realistic expectations. Extreme obesity however, isn't ever going to be attractive to either gender.

What Guys Said 6

• Again, not 40 but uh depends on the guy. If the guy is well kept at his age I'm sure he wouldn't go for an unkept women. That's I role with girls. I do gym and put in the effort, so I want a girl that's the same.

• I'm not 40 yet but when I am I'll still care. I won't mind slightly overweight but big is a no no.

I prefer skinny.

• Over-40 guy here. Women won't even look at me because I'm 5'5", so I don't look at any woman I think might be more than 50kg. Happily single.

• My advice, hit the gem.

• I know I'm not 40. But if she is slightly overweight, then that's not a big deal. Very overweight? That'd be rough.

What Girls Said 1

• Unfortunately in my experience yes. I can tell the difference in attention I receive from men with just a fluctuation of 20-30 pounds... I get much more attention when I am thinner :(