Guys, differences between "I Like You" from guys?

hi guys.
If you tell a girl "I like you" or "You know i like you", do you mean you like her as friend or love her?
how can i tell the difference if guys would say " i like you" when they just like you and this "i like you" when they in reality love you?!
Hope ro get many answers as this is current and i need answers asap please.
Thanks!

3

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on his experience level with women.

If I tell a woman, "I like you" it specifically always means that I like her romantically (which is different from "I love you" by the way... that's reserved for someone I know better and am in a serious, long-lasting relationship with).

A guy without much experience might use the term either way to be honest. Those of us that have been around women enough know that you can't leave a statement like that unexplained or your average woman will read into it endlessly forever as you're doing now ;)

• Well to be honest the guy i'm currenlty dating only said "i like you and there is chemistry between us"..
      2 days ago he asked me "Do you love me?"..
      so i think its normal that i am helplessly confused with all those "signals"..
      Can i have your oppinion to this?

• So the guy has just invited me over to his place tomorrow for a coffee and talking. How do you think about if if a guy invites a girl over to his place and already "proved" he's not only in it for sex?

• I think you should keep dating him! but understand, he might say or do some things that he thinks you will like, but aren't really good.

What Guys Said 2

• most cases you would have to ask him to specify in which context, but then in most cases the guy will bullshit if he thinks you feel different lol. if you can give him enough reassurance of how you feel, if you do indeed feel the same, then do that and then ask him to specify.

• Most of the time I like you means, I like you romantically. A bit more context would be helpful though.

• well i'm currently dating a guy who always compliements me, asking lots of personal questions and telling me he likes me. so i'm not sure if he just "likes" (like a pal) or loves me since he also asks me lots of questions about making love. and these question automatically make me think that he mihht be in it for sex... or am i totally wrong and a guy means sth positive when he asks lots about making love like if i've ever made love?

• ok thanks!
      So the guy has just invited me over to his place tomorrow for a coffee and talking. How do you think about if if a guy invites a girl over to his place and already "proved" he's not only in it for sex?

• I don't think that would prove it no, but given the other things you mentioned I really don't think he is just into you for sex :) While it is possible (there some really good bullshitters out there unfortunately) It doesn't sound like it, and I hope you two hit it off :)