The guy I've been seeing for a couple months now just told me he's starting a new job next week. How come he didn't mention his plans before?

Still in the same area, it's not like he's moving away... But should I be concerned that he didn't talk about something this important with me? How can I make a point to open our conversations more?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't be concerned. Telling you a week before seems like plenty of notice to me. He probably didn't think it was a huge deal if it didn't even affect you anyway. Sometimes with guys, you just have to ask them what you want to know. They don't always think to tell us every little detail, if you want to know something you just have to ask

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 2

• You have been dating for a couple of months not years. His deciding to change jobs is his decision and until the two of you start talking in terms of us and we it really isn't that big a deal. Unless he never talks to you about anything important I would leave this alone and move on with the relationship and the steps that come next.

• Maybe things were up in the air about his new position. Relax... career decisions can feel like life and death to men and tend to make them feel vulnerable and maybe he isn't ready to be that open with you yet. If you want to keep him around don't try to make him open up..