Do looks matter to girls more than anything else?

I have a guy at work who's... A 10/10. But he's a womanizer... And a drug dealer... And the last girlfriend he had, he almost beat to death with a baseball bat. He's also an idiot. I called something "asinine" and he thought that that word meant "awesome" or whatever. I'm not going to go into the whole story on that. He's also vain. He's horrible at his job, and a manager confronted him on it. All he did was point to his face and say, "This is my money maker."

And here I am. I'm a nice guy. I find myself to be pretty intelligent. I'm friendly, and I'm not absolutely full of myself. I would find myself to be a decent catch. But the problem is that I'm horrendously ugly. So no girl wants anything to do with me. After the guy started and began gathering numbers from every singly female in the building, I decided to try my hand at it. I asked a customer out (which is something he does all the time) and the girl I asked ended up asking to speak with a manager and I got in trouble for unprofessionalism. And no, I wasn't weird about it. I noticed that the girl was doing a crossword puzzle and I find that to be attractive. When someone actually tries to use their brain every now and again, you know? So I just asked, "Would you mind if I asked you out?" That's it. And she called the manager on me.

But this guy is a hit with the women. He's always getting numbers from customers and coworkers. What the hell? Is there any explanation for this? This guy is more successful than anybody I've ever seen and I'm a 22-year-old virgin.

Is this just shallowness, or is there something else to this?

What Girls Said 1

• NO! Looks are a part of the whole but, at least for me, it breaks down like this:

Personality: funny, smart, smartass, great conversationalist (60%)

How he treats me 20%

Looks 20%

I'm really open to diff types of looks. Long or short hair, tall, med height, athletic build or stocky, it's more about personality.

What Guys Said 1

• All these girls say "Its about personality" or "He can be hot but if he's a jerk then hell no" blah blah blah. Dude chicks are totally in it for the looks. Even I am in it for the looks. We all are! But in this case, its different. This guy has some another face in front of girls which they are then swept off their feet and easily manipulated by him. If all those girls were really smart and didn't care about looks, they would give him their number. Also that chick who ratted you out, what a bitch move man. I say you just leave that place and start fresh where this asshole won't annoy you with his asshole gravity force. Just stay away from him.